Anyone here?

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:19 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Check out yesterday's Wild Hunt, folks. The shit is hitting the fan. Oh, and John, I am on my phone at the moment, but when I get ten minutes and a computer, I will delete your extra post for you. Smile

Already there, good to see ya over there, by the way....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:22 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Check out yesterday's Wild Hunt, folks. The shit is hitting the fan.
Wild Hunt? Where? Will I need a gun, or bow and arrows?

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Oh, and John, I am on my phone at the moment, but when I get ten minutes and a computer, I will delete your extra post for you. Smile
Thanx. I know what I did wrong...... Well, I think I do confused . I was trying to edit a post and make it all look nice and pretty (actually make some sense), And I tried to edit more than three times. Then it appeared to have erased the original, and what happened was it took the frigging original, the edited version, and then took the new one I put up that was different, because I was too lazy to go through the process of trying to make it look like the first... Rolling Eyes
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:29 am

I got ya covered....Very Happy
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Could y'all put up links? I go over there so little I don't know what forums or threads you are talking about, plus with my cookie blocker, I often don't know that the thread are updated. Or mail me the links. I've got a couple of days off, I'd like to see.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:57 pm

gillyflower wrote:Could y'all put up links? I go over there so little I don't know what forums or threads you are talking about, plus with my cookie blocker, I often don't know that the thread are updated. Or mail me the links. I've got a couple of days off, I'd like to see.
Addy's rants are pretty well all over the Discuss Christianity board; just look at a thread she posted on. That other site SG was talking about? I haven't a clue......
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Heck. I can't even get logged in at that other site. Everytime I've tried I've been kicked out & even tryied to send them e-mails & they won't accepy them. Oh well. This is a much better & more loving place/home anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:10 pm

As it turns out, I didn't miss that blog after all. I ignored it and moved on. SG, there are some things I won't bother to read for the same reasons I don't watch FOX News or listen to Rush Limbaugh. When I hear utter nonsense, people around me tend to suffer my rants and raves. Now, although Willowcreek simply rolls her eyes tolerates it, and the kids think it's "cute" to watch dad flip out, it irritates me even more when I'm the only person taking something like this seriously. Consequently, for my own self protection, I ignore stupidity.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 pm

gillyflower wrote:Could y'all put up links? I go over there so little I don't know what forums or threads you are talking about, plus with my cookie blocker, I often don't know that the thread are updated. Or mail me the links. I've got a couple of days off, I'd like to see.
This is the one where Addy is constantly deleting my posts.
http://community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/43851/29142557/Is_God_subject_to_any_moral_obligations

This is the wildhunt article about bnet:
www.patheos.com/blogs/wildhunt/2012/06/how-beliefnet-apologizes-to-pagans.html

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 pm

john5180 wrote:
As it turns out, I didn't miss that blog after all. I ignored it and moved on. SG, there are some things I won't bother to read for the same reasons I don't watch FOX News or listen to Rush Limbaugh. When I hear utter nonsense, people around me tend to suffer my rants and raves. Now, although Willowcreek simply rolls her eyes tolerates it, and the kids think it's "cute" to watch dad flip out, it irritates me even more when I'm the only person taking something like this seriously. Consequently, for my own self protection, I ignore stupidity.

you sound just like a husband. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 pm

warlordofks wrote:
john5180 wrote:

you sound just like a husband. lol!
Ya know... I get accused of that a lot. Twisted Evil
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 pm

You know, Addy is crazy. She really is.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 pm

...and probably I'll get kicked off Bnet! LOL Smile

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 pm

What did you do , Gilly?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 pm

I told her that putting her own word in place of the words in the bible was unethical. She was trying to make it look like sorcery and witchcraft was the same as using torture and drugs and sexual abuse and mentally controlling others minds. I couldn't make a lot of sense of it but it was meant to be inflammatory. She really strikes me as unbalanced. She doesn't answer or respond, she goes on the attack.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

She will probably alter your post. She does that. I have been avoiding B'Net while I am on vacation. Don't need the stress right now.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:23 pm

I think that is wise. It isn't a very balanced or healthy place but there are bright spots - a few people! Still I go back to work tomorrow and I won't have the time or the inclination I think, to go there much, if any.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:28 pm

gillyflower wrote:...and probably I'll get kicked off Bnet! LOL Smile
Don't bet on it, Gilly. On May 30th I sent this email to Merope....
"I am asking that you block my account, Merope. Perminently. You can get wh\ith Adephle and ask her for the details, but I want my account withdrawn, banned, blocked or whatever it takes to keep me from getting any further communicartion from members of beliefnet.

Since the new format, members have fled here in droves, and the mods that you have now are doing nothing short of driving non Christian posters away. Well, I'm the next on the list. I don't intend to participate here any longer, and would appreciate you making that clear to the likes of Adephle. I don't even want to see Beliefnet in my junk file."

Here was her reply she sent back to me on June 2nd:
"Hi, John,

Please accept my apology for being late getting back to you on this.

Why don't you try the following as an interim measure: Go to your profile, click on Profile and then click on Privacy Settings from the drop-down menu that opens up. In Privacy Settings, you can do a ton of stuff to keep your profile private. For example, you can restrict acceptance of emails to your Beliefnet Friends; you can make your profile totally private so that it doesn't show up when people try to link to it; you can make your Friends list private; etc. You can even adjust one of the settings so that nobody can tell whether or where you're on Beliefnet at any point in time (unless you post :-)

You're a longtime, valued, and respected member not only of the Beliefnet Community as a whole but also of the Discuss Christianity community. So your departure from either community would be a great loss as well as a diminishment of the community.

I'll need some time to review the hosting on DC in terms of bias against members who are not Christian; I'll also need some time to talk to Adelphe and Dave.

I would urge you not to be precipitious in this. We all get pissed from time to time and members often take brief sabbaticals from Beliefnet. So I would want you to take some time to think and reflect - and try some of the options suggested above - before I suspended your account. I could do the latter; and I could likewise un-suspend your account if you wanted to be active in the community again.

Many thanks,
Cynthia"

And even now on June 11th, I can still log on and post. I have reported Addy for some of her mean spirited posts, and although they were edited to remove the more snarky statements, Addy is still functioning as a host. Nothing will change; most assuredly nothing that would result in you being kicked off b'net. Hell, I even went to my profile and made some changes there.... So far?? NADA!
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 pm

gillyflower wrote:I told her that putting her own word in place of the words in the bible was unethical. She was trying to make it look like sorcery and witchcraft was the same as using torture and drugs and sexual abuse and mentally controlling others minds. I couldn't make a lot of sense of it but it was meant to be inflammatory. She really strikes me as unbalanced. She doesn't answer or respond, she goes on the attack.
BTW, what thread did you do this on? I'll go there and stir the pot some with ya. Twisted Evil
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Who the hell is Cynthia?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Who the hell is Cynthia?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Who the hell is Cynthia?
I suppose that's Merope's street name? (shrugs)That or someone doing her office work for her. scratch
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:10 am

OK, I went on to a thread tonight (http://community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/43851/29043473/The_Trinity) that was begun by Blu.... I only looked at 8 of 75 pages, and on each page I found where Addy and Ed W. posted, their posts were tinged with personal insults to Blu. Of course, I coldn't let those go unreported...... Stir

After about a dozen reported posts for personal insults, I fired this message off to Merope. Rules! .... I just can't wait to see what's gonna happen...... Popcorn

By now, no doubt you will see a string of posts of Adephle's and Ed W.'s that I submitted. This is becoming a chronic situation where one of your hosts, who BTW has the ability to edit and censor others posts takes full advantage of the authority given to her, and harasses other posters with personal insults.

Since receiving your last email, I have contacted Dave Law, and he informs me that you have never been in contact with him concerning the actions of this one particular host, and how the hosts handle the way other people post. Clearly, it's a power play for Addy. She is a Christian host on a multifaith forum designed to discuss the merits of Christianity, who not only engages in discussions, but has the power to edit or delete anything that goes against her beliefs, while at the same time heaps insults upon the people of other beliefs who post there. I've given enough examples of her snide remarks to satisfy and court that she is abusing the privilege of hosting.

I have determined that since you will not block my account, I will make it my goal to search each thread and point out every RoC violation this host either commits herself, or allows other Christians to get by with. Until such time as you suspend my account, this will be my mission in life. You have at your disposal my email address; after all, that is what i must use to log in to this site. Should you deem it wiser to block me from logging on than to bring to your attention every RoC violation on this host, please let me know on my personal email account.

John
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:18 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Who the hell is Cynthia?

Merope
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 am

She is the most biased mod I've ever seen. Addy is. It is really amazing that she participates in the threads and modifies the posts of other people. Wow.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum