Crazy moments of feminism; or how I learned to love the patriarchy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crazy moments of feminism; or how I learned to love the patriarchy

Post by John T Mainer on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Two of my (female) people were ranting and raving about the sexism of our employer; noting that I had won changes in months they had fought for for years. Ending the rant with a wild eyed demand that I use my penis to get this latest problem fixed, I solemnly noted that when the department heads all gathered to slap our qualifications on the table, the Engineers measurements and Quality Assurance testing assured that the Mighty and Wise Penis of Stores speaks truth, and should be heeded. The two women nodded as if this both confirmed their assumptions and assured them of positive changes to come. Work is weird these days.

First qualifier: my work really does favour the french born man over all other forms of life. I am not french, but I am a bearded, axe swinging, mead swilling, bear killing, unabashedly unevolved yet technically adept cave man.

Second qualifier: work has been insane. Impossible deadlines, too much overtime, leading to injuries and sick time, leading to more work for remaining hands, and more stress than most civilians have to deal with.

There is an old boys network. Now you have it in writing girls! I was not a member, and now I am. I became a member of the old boys network by main force; where there was chaos, I brought order. Where there was no idea, I searched out those who knew the areas surrounding the problem, and brought together their collective wisdom to build a solution. I am arrogant enough to never believe a problem is beyond me, and smart enough to know that those who have been there longer have all the facts that we need, even if they don't know they do. I also know how to sell a change by pointing out the problems the current situation brings, and how the proposed changes will protect the people I am asking to authorize it from liability or delay. Never say the system is flawed, show how the system can be modified to improve performance (and consequently the authorizing party's own standing).

There are a few women who do succeed in this testosterone fueled environment, because they too have the peculiar combination of utter arrogance and ability or need to make their team succeed. It's not about having a penis to slap on the table, it is about having the metaphorical balls to slap a boob on the table and claim dominance by virtue of its greater girth.

Corporate life is much like jungle life. We are primates. It never was about who had the best idea, it was about who could scream and throw poop better than all the other monkeys; for that monkey must be chief. You don't need a penis to play. You just need to be able to forget fair, right, sensible, and logic altogether. Once you learn to scream and throw poop enough to become one of the big monkeys, you can make things close to fair, close to wise, close to efficient, and all the other monkeys will respect your changes as some well thrown poop.

One of the reasons I don't get stressed out at all, is the army taught me a long time ago how relaxing screaming and throwing poop truly is. When struck by flying poop or screamed at, I never take it personally, just note "Ah, found another monkey", because its good to identify important monkeys you may need poop out of later, but not important enough to listen to screaming or pay attention to poop that wasn't even good enough to keep.

I hope any highly evolved females who are struggling to succeed in the Patriarchal and parochial corporate system can learn the secrets of the testicularly gifted: scream like you own the jungle, throw poop like its high fiber gold. But play nice with the other monkeys, its a jungle out there.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Crazy moments of feminism; or how I learned to love the patriarchy

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:04 am

Oh John T, you hit the nail on the head! I prefer men, over women associates, or bosses any day! I like to talk, & bs with the best of them. Women don't talk, they whine, or as you stated "rant", they don't bs, they outright lie, & gossip! Women bring such a "biatch" card to the table which makes them look like total fools! I'm a woman, but I'm no fool!
Military is different than civilian life however:
In the Army which I just retired from this past weekend, I always had my act together, I must of, for I was told all weekend from Colonels on down to privates, what a wonderful, well respected, NCO I am, & I would truly be missed! I'm not patting myself on the back, but hell after 20 yrs in a career, the last 6 being with a different company of guys & gals...I made my mark again. Just like before, I picked up my awards, shook a lot hands, hugged a lot of people, & this time said "Farewell".
In civilian life there are women out there that get a job like its their 1st job ever (sometimes it is)...& they hang onto it, out of desperation. LOL! Sad isn't it? They scare themselves & all around them (especially same sex) into a corner of ill placed "Fuck you." They have fucked up personal lives, expecting men to fix it for them. The prince on the white horse still exits for them & their fucked up fairy tale! They have fucked up self images, & think that a more rounded female is a threat not a help. How ignorant. They have fucked up business sense because they think they are all that & a bag of chips & their peers around them are out to get their job/position. They know they are inadequate. But refuse to do anything about it. Instead of seeking out furthering & expanding their choices. Through training, or education! They are selfish, & rude toward everyone. They do not know how to be team players for their job & their lives are all about them, & themselves, & them again! They do not see how their shortcomings affect them not only personally but career wise. I really wish that women would "get a clue."
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 am

Sexist much? I've had great bosses and horrid bosses of both sexes. If you decide that this is what "women are like" then you'll never be happy with a female boss.
There are men out there with the same fucked up attitude, and it's more a case of you don't "like" women, you prefer men. But don't make it sound like most women are like that. Because we are not.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:32 pm

You damn right, tmaire, I call it as I see it! I don't see through your eyes! I see through mine, & my experiences. You might not be any of those types of women tmarie. Lots of women I have run into here in the work force are just like that! This is nothing against ALL women, but some of them, are exactly like that. Women who get jobs while hubby is in between construction sites, or beer runs, or other women....who work for about a month then go back to their same situation. Women who have had the same po dunk job (supporting husbands) for over 15yrs, are afraid to ask for a raise, but yes yes to more work/responsibility (they think that was they will be irreplaceable) ....they are too afraid to further themselves to get ahead. They are too afraid to think that they are actually "worth something." I don't care if they are single/married,....but a woman does not have to be a "biatch" to hold onto a "job" just over broke! And they are happy to settle just for that.

BTW my best friend who is a woman used to be my boss! Another close friend of mine, who I don't get to see often, also was my boss! Most of my female friends I HAVE worked with.....both military & civilian.
I'm stating things that I have seen in my experience in the work force, here in my region of my state. LA does not necessarily lead the nation (in fact we are in the bottom rungs) in education, health, child well being, economics, ...But nothing has changed either since 1985 when I 1st moved here! I'm just sayin! If you don't believe me, look it up...& let the cards fall where they may!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top