Throwin out 2011's Trash!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Throwin out 2011's Trash!

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 am

If things (people, health, ideas) didn't go right for you in 2011........WELL......

Throw it in the trash, tie it up, & bring it way out to the curb......to be hauled off for good by the Waste Management Truck!

The past can't be changed, can't get it back, can't re live it, so lets not revisit it....just tell us....& let us haul it off for you. Get it off your chest & outta your system!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Re: Throwin out 2011's Trash!

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Yep. 2011 sucked beyond the telling of it. Here's to a better 2012.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm

So I was banned from a forum for breaking the "don't be a dick" rule.

I have no problem with rules being enforced.

I have a problem with being banned for "being a bitch", and never being told what, specifically, I was doing that was problematic. There wasn't any, "Hey, when you said X, that was a problem." Just, "Stop being a bitch." *banhammer*.

How, exactly, am I supposed to know, or even start to figure out, which behaviors or habits are at issue, when nobody will tell me?
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:36 am

WMD, which forum was this??? That just sounds stupid, that they wouldn't tell you what you did wrong or at least give you an *idea*! It would be one thing if it were something you had been spoken to about before (I've had to do that with repeat offenders on sites I've worked with), but just calling you a bitch and banning you for it? Oh well, who needs them?

And I love your profile picture!
Beautiful_Dreamer

http://theprozacqueen.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:02 am

Here's some trash-

During the many Occupy Wall Street protests, I heard some really nasty comments about the people representing 'the 99%'. Most of them were of the 'they need to get off their butts and work, not protest' vein, but one that particularly struck me was 'she chose to work a job that doesn't give insurance, so she shouldn't complain about her medical bills" in response to a story about a hairdresser with breast cancer. I have seen a disgusting amount of disregard for/judgement of those of us who aren't rich and who get public benefits because of an inability to work. Maybe some people cheat the system but I worked my ass off up until I was no longer able to (actually, after that...) so I don't appreciate being told I'm 'lazy' or whatever.

And you know what the worst thing is? The comments I mentioned above were made by a housewife (BY CHOICE) who happens to have a husband with a good job. But that attitude seems to be more and more common...sad, really. I've been told I'm oversensitive or imagining this, but I don't think I am.

Sorry to whine...WMDKitty, I guess I'll join you in the 'don't be a bitch' club? Smile
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:57 am

I'm still confused as all hell, but I do feel better now I've had a rant.
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 am

A lot of people that are lucky enough to be in a good position, and I think a lot of it has to do with dumb luck, don't realize how quickly that can turn around, BD.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:47 am

wmdkitty wrote:I'm still confused as all hell, but I do feel better now I've had a rant.

Confused about what?
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:54 am

gillyflower wrote:A lot of people that are lucky enough to be in a good position, and I think a lot of it has to do with dumb luck, don't realize how quickly that can turn around, BD.

That is very true! I can definitely relate, sometimes you have to have been in a position to fully understand it. It's so easy to 'coast' and not realize you're doing it.

I used to be one of those people-raised in a comfortable middle class family, college education, at one point I had a good job. But then I lost that job and it all went downhill from there. I had to live off of my credit cards for a while, and ended up having to file bankruptcy from the debt. I guess I'm saying this to say that I learned the hard way that a lot of people are only one missed paycheck, one lost job, one medical emergency etc away from the public assistance lines. Even if we are in a lucky position, though, there's no need to be as callous as some people are.
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:Here's some trash-

During the many Occupy Wall Street protests, I heard some really nasty comments about the people representing 'the 99%'. Most of them were of the 'they need to get off their butts and work, not protest' vein, but one that particularly struck me was 'she chose to work a job that doesn't give insurance, so she shouldn't complain about her medical bills" in response to a story about a hairdresser with breast cancer. I have seen a disgusting amount of disregard for/judgement of those of us who aren't rich and who get public benefits because of an inability to work. Maybe some people cheat the system but I worked my ass off up until I was no longer able to (actually, after that...) so I don't appreciate being told I'm 'lazy' or whatever.

And you know what the worst thing is? The comments I mentioned above were made by a housewife (BY CHOICE) who happens to have a husband with a good job. But that attitude seems to be more and more common...sad, really. I've been told I'm oversensitive or imagining this, but I don't think I am.

Sorry to whine...WMDKitty, I guess I'll join you in the 'don't be a bitch' club? Smile

I have to chuckle when I hear the "they need to get off their butts and work, not protest" comments. If there were jobs, they would work. That's part of the problem. Another part is that we have a generation or two of people who, sponsored by easy to get student loans, got advanced degrees, having been told by guidance counselors, admissions representatives, family and friends that they needed to have advanced degrees to avoid working in fast food or retail, who are now stuck in fast food and retail.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:58 pm

From what I understand, student loans are sickeningly expensive to pay off. I didn't have any, I had a scholarship and my dad paid the rest, but I've known people who are $40000+ in debt.

I don't use my degree per se, but I use what I *learned* in college...the majority of which was not in the classroom. I've known people with advanced degrees who are total idiots and people with less than high school who are really smart. I guess you can't teach everything1
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 pm

SG! How the heck are ya? And yes you'd rather just keep 2011 all balled up inside of ya, sweety? That's fine! And yes we all understand 2011 was bit unsettling for a lot of us! May it of been physical, mental, spiritual! At home or out among the world!

WMDKitty! How are you? I hear ya, gf! I do....I hope it wasn't any forum on this site...and honey the best of us here can attest to being called a "bitch" ..."babe in total control here"! And it is a woman's choice to be a tad itsy bitsy bitchie! I do agree though, I must be told where I'm over stepping a line drawn! If the line is in someone else's head..well? Can't help them, can only help me, myself & I! And I'm glad you feel better after unloading! That's what we're here for!

BD? I got to laugh with ya, hon! My my....aren't we the "grounded" one! Yep yep yep...as the old song says..
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
But I know one thing:
Each time I find myself flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.
..... THAT'S LIFE!
Thank Goodness I have that kind of life ...means I'm livin, lovin, & learnin! As long as I'm doing those 3 things...I don't have time to molt, hate, or judge!

Gilly? Gilly? How are you? Some people don't have a clue! Your so right, darlin! Nuff said!

All? Hope you are well. My big bear! As always Your on point there ya big bunch of fluff!

2011 was a trying year, lots of lessons learned, some experiences revisited & relived (oh my!) yep yep yep shakes head, when will we learn the 1st time??? LOL...taking count of our accomplishments & us falling short! Some of us can kick ourselves in the butts better than any one else we know! (Raises hand) So we look ahead, bright eyed, bushy tailed, & hope is in our minds, hearts & souls!

Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 pm

LOL glad to see you Willow! I don't get over here a whole lot but wanted to see what was going on.

Yes, 2011 had its challenges, but at least now we can start fresh. More or less, anyway.

"Babe In Total Control Here"! LOL I'm going to have to use that!
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 am

Well, 2011 wasn't as bad as 2009....but it certainly could have been better! Here's to hopin' 2012 is far less stressful and way more fun!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:47 am

My year wasn't all that bad, I have to admit but there is always room for improvement.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:25 pm

My 2011 was a frelling season of All My Children!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Gilly! You are so right, there is always room for improvement! And there ya go....that "hope" thing just keeps ridin the waves!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top