Recycle 2011

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recycle 2011

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:04 am

May it be your mind, body, or spirit! If it worked for you in 2011!

Lets elaborate on it in

Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Re: Recycle 2011

Post by wmdkitty on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm on a modified South Beach diet, and losing weight! Last time I checked, I'd dropped a whole eight pounds -- down to 155, and (as far as I know) still dropping.

It's not about getting skinny -- I don't wanna be all skinny count-the-ribs girl -- I just wanna take the extra pressure off my joints.
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:48 am

That's a good goal. I have several people I know who are looking at or had joint replacements and wonder if they'd lost weight earlier would they have had to have them?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Very Happy

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Kitty? Thank you so very much for sharing that! And its not only you...its ME also!....Yep yep yep!
My 2011 was spent molting with bouts & fits of activity! I fought the truth with the weight, the leg cramps, the shock of a VA doc wanting to do surgery when I was told all of 2010 surgery couldn't be done! Capital WTF? Talk about a frontal shock!
Weight? Hmmm,???? I now have high blood pressure! (yuck, yuck...I admitted that to myself) I thought it was the VA's blood pressure machine! Always trying to blame something else ya know! LOL! I had to weigh (pun intended) the odds of excess weight...ask Gilly she knows I was a beached whale there in GA while at Ft. Gordon, hell I was learning how to walk on screwed up knee/leg! Well here @ home this year I started losing weight, from 178 down to 160, just to turn around & put it all on again! Stress? To me, this is ALL weight induced!...Yes! But hey, I'm starting again, clearing my head, walking that is! Plus portioning my food! There is a light at the end of this middle of my 50's!....Like you WmdKitty, I don't want to be a super model, but healthy for a start! This is the year of keeping health 1st! Then the weight will naturally fall into step!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:33 am

I'm so glad to hear it Willow. I'm walking and I have been doing a variation of the 17 Day Diet, which is lots of veggies, yogurt, lean meat.

And (sigh) cookies. They are my downfall.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Reese's. You can place every sweet known to man in front of me and I am fine. Reese's are a temptation I haven't mastered.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Oh, SG, me too!!! Give me a bag of Reese's with a Pepsi, Coke, or Dr. Pepper.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 pm

cheers For the bag of "you just can't eat just one"! heheheh
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:38 pm

My weaknesses? Goldfish crackers, gingersnaps, and ice cream.

(No, I haven't found an acceptable substitute for real ice cream. Gonna try the hemp-based stuff, next.)
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:29 pm

I'm with Gilly.....cookies are my downfall!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Jerky. Preferably mammal.

You guys can keep the sweets.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Here's a store for you: http://www.tbje.com/

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:51 pm

and bookmarked
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:31 am

Had another doctor appt. today -- down to 153. Pleasantly surprised, considering all the rich (and plentiful!) food consumed over the holidays.

Don't really have a "target number" or "ideal weight". I'll go with what my body decides is the right size.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:28 pm

I think the last time I weighed 153 I was in 7th grade....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:11 pm

All, LOL...I haven't seen 153 going on 2 yrs now! We mature & we gain! Hell we're not cubs anymore! We have all these love handles, & bulging belly's, we have things in places that just go with the flow of gravity! The things we have done to ourselves like injuries that we let heal by themselves, or just never healed correctly...cause we were "tough", the idiotic things we did, daring to over extend our bodies, physical activities, stress, not eating or sleeping correctly all the time??? It makes a mind wonder what were we thinking of "back then"! LOL!
Kitty! Whatever your doing keep doing it! Amazing & pleasantly surprised??? Isn't that wonderful? You go chic! Your right, in what ever your body decides is your ideal weight! All this "skinny women" that look like before puberty hype gets me! I don't want to be a beached whale, either...but being Twiggy when no one in your family has never had Twiggy's body size is a dream that should never want to be attained! LOL! We're talking "healthy" here...I've known people that can attain athletic feats & seem bulky, & I've known the complete opposite...people that have that lean look that can't walk 1 mile! LOL!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Winter quarter just started -- Administrative Law looks, so far, like it'll be fun. Legal Research, I don't know about, yet, but I'm already dreading the "research" part.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:35 am

Ewwww! School, yuck....I really don't think I could hang with all that anymore! Maybe if I was interested in something. I was thinking education a long time ago, even 2yrs ago. But nope, nope nope. Then there was a time I wanted to write. After some of our spiritual friends on here that I've met, I'm so far behind that count. Still interested in Library & Research! Hmmm! Maybe something fun, like? Like? Like? Oh hell I give up! Your better than I am, wmdkitty!Persist & overcome!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:31 am

I'm going to post this here to give everyone a laugh. This is the best comeback line ever!

http://imgur.com/r/funny/EwzaJ

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:38 pm

LOL! Loved your link!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 pm

I feel that some of my best times were in School, so last semester, I decided to take a class for the fun of it. It wasn't fun. I'm not going to do it again.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm

I really enjoy school but if you like your learning without the having to find a parking place and other irksome bits, you should check out iTunes U and other online courses where you don't have to pay.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:21 pm

wmdkitty wrote:Had another doctor appt. today -- down to 153. Pleasantly surprised, considering all the rich (and plentiful!) food consumed over the holidays.

Don't really have a "target number" or "ideal weight". I'll go with what my body decides is the right size.

I hate you! tongue

I am no where near that light. And I am working on dropping 20 pounds.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:01 am

SG, you're probably a good bit taller than I am.

153lbs on a 4'11" frame is... well... round. Very round.

I can't tell you how to do it for yourself, all I can tell you is what's working for me -- fill up on fruit and veggies, supplement with meat, save carbs for dessert. It's not, like, coming off in pounds and pounds all at once, it's just steadily melting off over the weeks. I haven't changed my activity levels at all, but adding exercise or additional activity couldn't hurt, yeah.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top