Troy Davis & Christianity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Troy Davis & Christianity

Post by Sakhaiva on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Greetings All.

For those of you who have not heard of Troy Davis, please look here before responding:
http://www.twirlit.com/2011/09/22/troy-davis-execution-2011-sparks-controversy/

For those of you who have heard of Troy Davis, my post is based upon this blog entry: http://crispian-jago.blogspot.com/2011/09/christian-killing-of-troy-davies.html

Most Christians claim to be 'pro-life'. Here's my question to you all, is "pro-life" really "pro life" as in ALL life? To quote from the second blog directly:

It is "paradoxical that Christian ideology is both the driving force behind anti abortion and euthanasia organisations as well as common trait in those that appear to support a barbaric death penalty willing to take the life of a fellow human being."

Maybe I should reword my question: "Are there any Christians who can claim to be both *pro-life* and *pro-death-penalty*" ?

Thoughts?
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Re: Troy Davis & Christianity

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Do they have to be Christian?
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Good afternoon[smile].
I....do not understand where or how the concept of "Pro-Life" came to be so deeply associated with Christian theology/belief/thinking. Whilst reading through the Bible[especially the Old Testament]I always had the distinct impression that Jehovah was more in favor of the opposite. If the Bible tales are to be believed as actual historical fact, He killed[or allowed one of His spiritual servants to kill]all those children in Egypt, He killed everyone in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, He killed a bunch of children just because they were making fun of a bald man's head, He killed almost everyone in the entire world during the Flood, and He'll be killing some more come the Apocalypse. Just about all of His best, well-known earthly ambassadors[especially the waring tribes of Moses]killed people[Did Moses actually READ The Ten Commandments?], and that was just within the Bible. We all know about The Dark Age's Grand Inquisition commiting acts of genocide against Jews and Pagans, The Crusades, and all of the wars involving Christians against other Christian denominations. At what point did God and Christianity become peaceful and sanctifying of life? I truly hope that I am wrong, and if so, then please correct me, but....it seeeeeems as if Christianity didn't start to be peaceful and charitable to the world until after it had wiped out most of the world's "theological competition" and become a world power unto itself.
Your thoughts?

Southern Hick

Location : Originally the Florida Everglades, but now, the swamplands near Inverness, Citrus County Fl..

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:Greetings All.

Most Christians claim to be 'pro-life'. Here's my question to you all, is "pro-life" really "pro life" as in ALL life? To quote from the second blog directly:

It is "paradoxical that Christian ideology is both the driving force behind anti abortion and euthanasia organisations as well as common trait in those that appear to support a barbaric death penalty willing to take the life of a fellow human being."

Maybe I should reword my question: "Are there any Christians who can claim to be both *pro-life* and *pro-death-penalty*" ?

Thoughts?
No, its not all life-its innocent life
as to Davis, He was there, He was up to no good; whether he was a party to Cole who did the shooting, was the shooter, or guilty under felony murder is irrelevant.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top