About Noah.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Noah.

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:58 pm

The Creationists say that the World is only about 6,500 years old. Okay then why didn't Noah take two each of the different species of Dinosauers. Evil Grin

Back to top Go down

Re: About Noah.

Post by Southern Hick on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Good evening, Warlordofks[smile].
Perhaps I can be of some help, having studied Young Earth Christianity and debated with them within Christian chat forums over the years. Within my book by Ken Ham and his closest friends, "The New Answers Book",1982, within chapter 10, the section of this book makes the proclamations that[and all of this is revolving around the assumption that the Biblical global flood myth involving Noah is absolute historical and scientific fact]those Dinosaurs that were chosen to travel upon the Ark were juveniles. Ken Ham and Tim Lovett also try to convince readers that the "average adult Dinosaur size" was very small, comparing them to the body mass of a modern day sheep or chicken. They also make the claim that there were not that many types of Dinosaurs. They love to use the word "Kinds" for this sort of an argument, because it can mean whatever they want it to mean when things get to complicated to explain. They assume that although there were many "species"[they have their own definition for this word. In fact, much of the scientific terminology that people like Ken Ham use has been redefined to be supportive of their theological-based perception of reality.]of Dinosaurs, that originally, there were only a few "kinds" of Dinosaurs. So you see, although we now know that there were many different species of Dinosaurs within the group...Sauropoda[just to pick one as an example],..according to these kinds of people, originally there was only one, "The Source Sauropod" if you will, taken in an immature pair aboard the Ark by Noah and his kin, and then AFTER they were released back into the world[you'd have to wonder what herbivores like them would have eaten after that, now that all plant live unable to exist submerged for months in saline/brackish water was a slimy,rotting, mess. So, where did that Dove get that Olive twig? Olives don't grow at extremely high mountainous altitudes, and even if they DID, wasn't allllllll of the world submerged by The Flood? So that tree would have been dead too! And...how did animals like, say, Koala Bears get from The Garden of Eden across the Sea to Australia, then OFF of Australia to the mainland again to get on that Ark, and then later BACK across the sea to Australia again?!? But, I guess you aren't supposed to think about that sort of a thing when you are a Young-Earth Christian Creationist. Anyway...back to the Dinosaurs leaving the Ark....]they became all of the different species of Sauropod Dinosaurs[I can think of 28 different species just off the top of my head],...but...somehow....without the processes of Evolution/Natural Selection/Genetic Drift being a contributing factor in all of this[grin,wink.wink.wink.].
And then, later, after man repopulated the world, he just hunted them all to extinction anyway LMAO! , and then, as the memories and stories of them started to fade and change within the minds of men, they in time turned into the Dragons of myth and legend...according to Ken Ham.

Please remember that Christians who think like this are in the minority. They just have really big mouths and too much time on their hands.
If there is anything that I can do to be of any further help, please let me know.

Southern Hick

Location : Originally the Florida Everglades, but now, the swamplands near Inverness, Citrus County Fl..

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:37 pm

You realize that Warlord was being a smartass, don't you?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Good evening[smile].
No, dear lady, I was not aware of that.
However I am glad to have answered, for in time there may be another reading here who has been pondering such things, and to them, perchance my explanation will be of some help.

Southern Hick

Location : Originally the Florida Everglades, but now, the swamplands near Inverness, Citrus County Fl..

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:51 pm

warlordofks wrote:The Creationists say that the World is only about 6,500 years old. Okay then why didn't Noah take two each of the different species of Dinosauers. Evil Grin

He did; they were killed off by Nimrod.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 pm

LOL Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:11 pm

I think the Young Earthers and the Flat Earthers have much in common. Well, except for a sense of humor. I think the Flat Earthers beat out the Young Earthers there.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Good evening ladies and gentlemen[smile].
Using the model of history promoted by Young-Earth Christian Creationists such as Ken Ham, men were living with and killed off all the Dinosaurs less than four thousand years ago, respectively speaking. Were that true, you would think that we'd know more about what they looked and acted like.
I personally find people who promote/adopt this belief system fascinating, but in a creepy, 'don't let it touch me' kind of a way, much the same way I find watching a large Diamondbacked Rattlesnake devour a Cottontail Rabbit, or the iridescent colors in a puddle of toxic waste fascinating.
Has anyone here ever visited websites such as "Answers In Genesis"?
It troubles me that these kinds of people have so much influence in today's society.
That Christian Chat Forum that character Deavon Reye told you all he was suspended from within another thread? I was permanently banned from there for the same reasons.

Southern Hick

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Southern Hick, we are a sarcastic and irreverent bunch. The most diverse bunch you'll ever meet, that actually likes each other, THAT I will guarantee.
Oh, if you were banned from a Xian chat forum, then you'll probably fit quite nicely in here. LOL

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 pm

I agree. You're in good company, with that BNet ban.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Good evening ladies[smile].
Thank you for your warm words, dear woman.
I believe there is a great strength in diversity, and I pity those poor souls happily frequenting chat forums that promote intellectual/educational stagnation and dishonesty for the sake of maintaining a theological-based "echo-chamber". They will never understand that in such an environment their faith and spiritual development also stagnates. I could never understand how they can think that they are honoring God thus, and by also driving away the very souls that they claim[to one another, mainly?]are in need salvation the most[frowns with one raised eyebrow].
Were it a physical object, I'd wear my expulsion from such a place proudly.

Southern Hick

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenYen on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:05 am

Hello, Southern Hick. I have gone toe-to-toe with creationists more than once. It's like trying to walk through a tree. Welcome to this forum.
ZenYen

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:20 am

Good morning[smile].
Actually, I am inclined to think it's easier to get through said hypothetical tree.
I wouldn't really mind if the Duane Gish, Ken Ham, and Bob Enyarts of the world had the attitude of "We admit that we believe what we believe for religious reasons. We know that we can't prove it 100%, but...it's just the way we prefer to think about things[smiles and shrugs shoulders].", but, Nooooooo, not only do they insist that everyone who doesn't believe in their custom-made pseudo-science is wrong/not "real" Christians, but they also go so far as to try and build themselves up by lying about real science/scientists/reality/real history, and then, have the nerve to try and mess up children's minds/critical thinking skills throughout society by infiltrating the public school systems science classes with their nonsense.
.................................................Alright, I shall shut up about it now[smile].
Thank you for the welcoming words, kind Sir.
Have a good day, ladies and gentlemen.

Southern Hick

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:26 am

That's what I think too. It is the trying to force everyone to believe their way that gets to me. It smack of cultishness to me, not to mention the bad old days when people were killed or imprisoned for believing the wrong thing.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Southern Hick wrote:
I wouldn't really mind if the Duane Gish, Ken Ham, and Bob Enyarts of the world had the attitude of "We admit that we believe what we believe for religious reasons. We know that we can't prove it 100%, but...it's just the way we prefer to think about things
with a few caveats that is my position
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Davelaw wrote:
Southern Hick wrote:
I wouldn't really mind if the Duane Gish, Ken Ham, and Bob Enyarts of the world had the attitude of "We admit that we believe what we believe for religious reasons. We know that we can't prove it 100%, but...it's just the way we prefer to think about things
with a few caveats that is my position

What caveats, Dave? I'm just curious.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:54 pm

i tend to believe that the science and my beliefs actually do match up- I just have no pressing desire to force it on others
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm

My beliefs and science match up too but I don't try to press it on others either. My caveat is that I cannot prove scientifically that gods exist and I believe in them.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Me being a smartass. Why ya'll know that I would never be a smartass. Why I'm one of the most serious person here. Just ask my good friend Dave. He'll tell you that I resemble that remark.

Yeah. I was just having fun with this.

Southernhick. I too am one of those former b-netters who at the end got my posts banned & censored.

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I've been banned a couple times from there. I like to go there to beat up on people.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Is that what you were doing on the interfaith dialogue board earlier? Twisted Evil

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:05 pm

When I was flogging Brain?

allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:28 pm

No. The chick who thought her god made us all and that being Christlike was always a good thing. It's possible you have forgotten already.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Oh yeah, now I remember. She thought she was being open minded.

There are just so many that I get them all jumbled.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:12 pm

I miss MC and the old gang. Many of them still post there?

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top