A Study of Morality

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Study of Morality

Post by newnature on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 pm

At that fateful moment, Adam and Eve are standing together at the tree, and although only the woman and the serpent speak, Adam was present, and it seems he accepted the fruit that his wife handed him. He was fully complicitous, and indeed, Yahweh holds him responsible. Yahweh reproaches Adam. Adam says: Well, Eve handed to me. She gave it to me. Eve explains, the serpent tricked me. Yahweh vents his fury on all three, and he does so in ascending order: first the serpent for his trickery and then the woman, and finally the man. The doctrine of original sin, which is the idea that humans after Adam are born into a state of sin, by definition. The actions of Adam and Eve bring death to the human race, they don’t bring a state of utter and unredeemed sinfulness. In fact, humans have moral choice in each and every age. Adam and Eve after eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and bad, they also lose their harmonious relationship with nature. There had been a peaceful relationship between creatures and humans to that point. Humans are banished now from the Garden. It used to yield its fruits to them without any labor, but now humans have to toil for food and the earth yields its fruits only stintingly. The humans will learn that the concomitant of their freedom is responsibility. Their first act of defiance is punished harshly. So they learn, that the moral choices and actions of humans have consequences that have to be borne by the perpetrator. Evil is a product of human behavior, not a principal inherent in the cosmos; man’s disobedience is the cause of the human predicament. So knowledge or wisdom or perhaps moral freedom, seems to come at a very high price.

The disobedience happens in a rather backhanded way. It’s interesting, Yahweh tells Adam before the creation of Eve that he’s not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, lest you die. Eve doesn’t hear this command directly, she hasn’t been created. Then we meet the cunning serpent, and although many will identify the serpent as Satan, an enticer, a tempter, some sort of evil creature, the serpent doesn’t seem to be so. The serpent in Eden is simply a talking animal.

Adam and Eve after eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and bad are like Yahweh; they have become wise in that they have learned they have moral choice. They have free will, they can defy Yahweh and Yahweh’s plans for them in a way that animals and natural phenomena cannot. But now that means there is a serious danger here, Yahweh says, “Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and bad, what if he should stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and life forever!” So the acceptance of mortality as an inescapable part of the human condition, the quest for immortality, Yahweh could not afford to allow them access to the tree of life, and Yahweh maintains the upper hand in this, the fact that they eventually must die. Yahweh has to punt the ball, he has to modify his plans by barring access to the tree of life, humans are going to be a force to be reckoned with. Because of the length of these reasoning’s, read more at,

http://thatlifeyahwehhas.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=12

Thanks for any insight.

newnature

Back to top Go down

Re: A Study of Morality

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:17 pm

I thought this post was tl;dr til I clicked the link and scrolled down. Holy cow.

Do you really think someone's going to read...all...that?

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by newnature on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 pm

It is a cool read though, I get a lot of that, it is too long. I still need to finish that blog, I got 95 more chapter to go, yea it is a long read, but a cool read.

newnature

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Wow, newnature, that really is....long!! I'll have to set aside some time be able to read all that!

Welcome aboard, by the way! Welcome!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by newnature on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:54 pm

It is a long one, I wrote those four gospels out by hand four time through out the years, that is hard to harmonize those gospels, but 30 years later I did it. Sorry of the long read, take care.

newnature

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 am

This is good for a story, but it has no relevance to actual life.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Thank you, Deavon. I was trying to come up with an appropriate response... You said it.
I was wondering about the sense of "studying" something that a huge chunk of the world doesn't believe in and really, can't be proven.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Thanks. I wanted to state it strongly, but still somewhat delicately. Genesis 2 is a mildly interesting story, but it has so many holes and flaws that it shouldn't be considered remotely a literal event. . . . . . . . especially [as you stated] the majority of the world does not see it in a literal light.

Practically, the story is paradoxical.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Not just that one...The entire bible, no one with any sense takes it literally. I mean, the flood, for example. Back then the "whole" world was the little bit they could travel in. I'm just not buying that there was a flood all over the world, esp. since there is no evidence of one all over. That's just one of many...

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by newnature on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:50 pm

That is great stuff everyone, I get knocked on the head when I try to tell people about this dude in the first garden of Eden, when the earth was in the first heaven. It is hard to believe that their was two gardens of Eden on this earth, one on the earth when it was in the first heaven, then one garden of Eden on the earth while in this second heaven we are in now.

Ezekiel 28:11-15; Ezekiel charges that the king of Tyre has overstepped his bounds, because of his wealth; this king deemed his mind equal to a god’s? Ezekiel is picturing this king as a quasi-mythical being in a bejeweled garden of Eden. The king boasts of his wisdom and beauty; Ezekiel employs the imagery of the garden of Eden story to describe the Tyrian king’s downfall. Ezekiel employs the imagery of the cherub to stress the Tyrian king’s power and high position; same as the once-perfect creature is shown to have sinned and therefore was struck down. But the figurative language Ezekiel is using is of a story of a garden of Eden, that Yahweh caused to grow on the earth, while the earth was in the first heaven. Although Ezekiel is telling all this to a Tyrian king, the story Ezekiel is using is neither allegory, myth, legend, nor fable, but literal historical facts set forth, and emphasized by the use of figures of speech.

Ezekiel tells in this garden story, that their was an individual that was a once-perfect creature. Yet, all the confusion of thought about this individual, have arisen from taking literally what is expressed by figures, or from taking figuratively what is literal. A figure of speech is never used except for the purpose of calling attention to, emphasizing, and intensifying, the reality of the literal sense, and the truth of the historical facts; so that, while the words employed may not be so strictly true to the letter, they are all the more true to the truth conveyed by them, and to the historical events connected with them. Here the story Ezekiel used of an individual==You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and flawless in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of Yahweh; every precious stone was your adornment; carnelian, chrysolite, and amethyst; beryl, lapis lazuli, and jasper; sapphire, turquoise, and emerald; and gold beautifully wrought for you, mined for you, prepared the day you were created. I created you as a cherub with outstretched shielding wings, and you resided on Yahweh’s holy mountain; you walked among stones of fire. You were blameless in your ways, from the day you were created, until wrongdoing was found in you. Yes, wrongdoing was found in Lucifer, he had a plan afloat.

The bible is a cool story?

newnature

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:37 am

No, "Under the Dome" is a cool story. The bible is long and dull and has a lot of repetition.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by newnature on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:18 pm

It is cool how Yahweh hid the simpleness of his heart in his word. That bible is long, but it covers billions of years worth of history and Yahweh is known through history?

newnature

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:04 pm

tmarie64 wrote:No, "Under the Dome" is a cool story. The bible is long and dull and has a lot of repetition.

Under the dome is good. I identify with the characters more too.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:24 pm

It does NOT cover Billions of years, sweetie. Where the hell do you get that? Jeeez... just when I thought there might be rational discussion.....
BILLIONS??? OMG!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Yes, All, it's an excellent book. A better "Study of Morality" than the first example of this thread.

sorry...but that "billions of years" just cracks me up!

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:42 pm

I missed that "billions of years" quote. Thanks for calling attention to it. You made my day.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:09 pm

I had to read it twice. I couldn't believe I was reading it.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:30 am

I haven't read Under The Dome. I'll have to check it out.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:54 am

I think you'll like it. It's about a town that has a dome slammed down over it, and the break down of society inside it. I really enjoyed it.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Ah. I think I saw that on The Simpsons. lol!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Simpsons did it, Simpsons did it!

Laughing
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle dove on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:55 pm

There is a theory that says that when Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they (the human race) received Mind and because of that would be able eventually to return to the Source. Smile

Turtle dove

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:29 pm

I think what you mean to say that there is a myth about Adam and Eve and some people have a theory about that myth? Are you trying to say that you don't think humans had a brain until a certain point in our evolution? And only people or animals with brains decompose or something else?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle dove on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Difficult to explain gillyflower. It is not a myth although it cannot be proved. It is something found in The Secret Doctrine by H.P. Blavatsky. You can find it on the internet.

Unless you are familiar with the terminology and metaphysical/occult concepts it is very difficult to understand. It has taken me a lifetime.

Turtle dove

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:44 pm

TD, I don't think you understand how we are using the term "myth". It is definitely myth.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle dove on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Then explain, please, your definition of myth.

Turtle dove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top