only the lonely.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

only the lonely.

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:27 pm

boy has it been lonely here all weekend.

Back to top Go down

Re: only the lonely.

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:44 am

I've been busy.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 am

I was away. Sick grandbaby and daughter too and I had to help out. What I relearned was that you don't have time to do much of anything when you have to take care of a sick little one. And I have rarely been so tired! Like my Mom used to say, there is a reason that children are given to young people.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Sorry. I only get on the internet at work. When I go home, I like to spend the time with Mrs. all.....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Awww, poor WoK!!! Had a crazy, busy weekend here! Spend Friday evening in the ER 'cuz one of my sons was having heart palpitations.....luckily he's fine (after 3 hours of monitoring!)! I've earned a few more grey hairs though!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:54 am

Oh my Beribee, I am so sorry! How scary! I'm glad that he is okay.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:23 am

Apparently now the cardiologist wants to do his own EKG just to be sure! UGH! I just want him to tell me that my son is FINE and that I'm overreacting! LOL

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:29 am

(((((((((beribee)))))))))) I hope everything turns out okay for your son.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:14 am

Beribee wrote:Apparently now the cardiologist wants to do his own EKG just to be sure! UGH! I just want him to tell me that my son is FINE and that I'm overreacting! LOL

No, the cardiologist wants to run his own EKG so that he can charge for it. Tell him to request the notes from the other test.

You're in charge of your (and your sons health care) not them.

Dr. "all"

allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:
Beribee wrote:Apparently now the cardiologist wants to do his own EKG just to be sure! UGH! I just want him to tell me that my son is FINE and that I'm overreacting! LOL

No, the cardiologist wants to run his own EKG so that he can charge for it. Tell him to request the notes from the other test.

You're in charge of your (and your sons health care) not them.

Dr. "all"

beribee.
As one who has already gone through two cardiac ablation procedures I must disagree with all. The EKG is the simplist way to find out if there's any damage to the heart & to find out what the heart is doing. And it is non-invasive unlike other tests. The heart can be okay one time & a few days later not be. So if there were other sighs of heart problems this test is easy & doesn't cause any pain for your child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Warlord, that's EXACTLY why I had the one done at the ER last week. Quick and painless and lets me sleep better at night! I would not have even thought to ask for one except he had an unexplained fever for 3 days....and last spring he had an infection in the sac around his heart (pericarditis). Cardiologist thought it was caused by an ear infection that "travelled." So, I wasn't taking any chances, you know? I suspect the Cardiologist isn't taking any chances either....and to be honest, there is no one on the planet I trust more with my son's heart than this doctor. Sooooo, to make a long story short, I'm bringing him Monday to have another EKG just to be sure.....and for the record, I hope Dr. All is right! LOL

Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:22 pm

I do too.

I said what I did, because in my experience, if the cardiologist was doing the test for a real reason, they would have said we need to do a follow-up test, because of this, this, and this.

If they said that they wanted to do this test, just to be sure, when the previous test came back normal, and the only issue is that it was done by someone else, I'd tell em just to request the notes.

Still, you're not going to hurt anything by doing the test. I hope it comes out ok.

I've had experiences with bad doctors doing what is right for them, not for the patient recently. This carried over into my posting.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:25 am

where is everyone?
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:43 am

I am having my first day off in a long time. Dave, there's a question I'd like to ask you, if you'd care to answer. We've talked a lot about experiential and revealed religion here - what place does UPGs have in your personal religion? Or does it?

And anyone else who would care to respond, too?

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:10 am

Facebook is dead. Strange

I always work 16 hours a day and my various forums I participate on and Facebook are always so slow. No

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:53 am

I work a lot too and I'm tired, plus have a new grand child and another on the way. Lots going on.

I think the difference is with me is that my religion isn't shiny new or something. I don't know. I used to feel compelled to talk about it with others, to drink in and discover more, to argue with people who felt I didn't have a "real" religion - that included Christians, heathens and members of my own religion who belonged to different traditions. I learned more about what I believed in that way. I guess I was in the "searcher" mode.

Now I don't care if other people think I have a made-up religion: I have found something that works for me. I don't have the need to have a group that believes as I do anymore either - acceptance I guess. I believe what I believe and that's that. I guess I'll cycle back into searcher mode again sometime, just not now.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:01 am

Right. That's what drove most of us to the web forums in the first place, remember. When it's shiny and new we want to share it with the world.

Glad you've got lots going on. I started your UPG debate as you noticed. LMAO!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Davelaw wrote:where is everyone?

Well I'm still around & in shape.

Hey, round is a shape.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:23 pm

gillyflower wrote:I work a lot too and I'm tired, plus have a new grand child and another on the way. Lots going on.

I think the difference is with me is that my religion isn't shiny new or something. I don't know. I used to feel compelled to talk about it with others, to drink in and discover more, to argue with people who felt I didn't have a "real" religion - that included Christians, heathens and members of my own religion who belonged to different traditions. I learned more about what I believed in that way. I guess I was in the "searcher" mode.

Now I don't care if other people think I have a made-up religion: I have found something that works for me. I don't have the need to have a group that believes as I do anymore either - acceptance I guess. I believe what I believe and that's that. I guess I'll cycle back into searcher mode again sometime, just not now.

Gilly. If your beliefs make you more Loving, Caring, & considerate of others. Then it's the right belief for you. So don't worry or concern yourself about what other people say about your beliefs. As for me. Well you could believe in a Flying Purple Green Polka Dotted People Eater. And I would still like & care about you & accept you as you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:16 pm

I don't now but thank you very much. Smile

In the beginning, I thought I was joining a great big happy family on BeliefNet, not find that my religion (which I admit was being and has been picked up by preteens and fluffy bunnies everywhere) was scorned by practically everyone. I wanted to be Taken Seriously, you know?

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Yeah, I know. And so do the rest of us former b-netters.

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:21 pm

gillyflower wrote:I work a lot too and I'm tired, plus have a new grand child and another on the way. Lots going on.

There is much truth here.

I think when I started off, I as much as anything else, wanted to interact with people outside of my immediate populations norm.

Now, I've been doing it long enough that pretty much all the religious discussions that I might have are variations of a theme. I find myself doing other things.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top