ok children, lets play remember when

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ok children, lets play remember when

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Lets play remember when.

Remember When:

gas only cost .19 cents a gallon.
you could get hamburger at the grocery store ten punds for a dollar.
you could get 20 boxes of mac & cheese for a dollar.
when you could feed a family of 7 for around $25.00
you could get a brand new car for less than $2,000.00
when you could look at a car & know what company made it.
you could get a glass when you filled up your car.
you could also get a glass when you bought a box of detergent.
remember green stamps

Okay all younguns. it's time to play along with the old warlord. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ok children, lets play remember when

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:04 pm

warlordofks wrote:Lets play remember when.

Remember When:

gas only cost .19 cents a gallon.

The best I can do is .75 cents.

warlordofks wrote:
you could get hamburger at the grocery store ten punds for a dollar.

We've always gone through the butcher. I remember when you could get a side of beef for 300 (now it is closer to 1000) though.

warlordofks wrote:
you could get 20 boxes of mac & cheese for a dollar.

I remember when you could get 10...

warlordofks wrote:
when you could feed a family of 7 for around $25.00

My family is big on gardening and hunting, so yes. If you don't mind picking the bird shot out of your dinner, that is.

warlordofks wrote:
you could get a brand new car for less than $2,000.00

I remember when the larger models first crossed the 10k barrier. Now we can't find one for under it.

warlordofks wrote:
when you could look at a car & know what company made it.

Honestly, I think that is relative. For my dad, it stopped sometime in the 80's, for me, it stopped sometime in about 2005 give or take.

warlordofks wrote:

you could get a glass when you filled up your car.
you could also get a glass when you bought a box of detergent.

Glass of what?

warlordofks wrote:
remember green stamps

The Jack and Jill downtown took them. I was real little though.

warlordofks wrote:
Okay all younguns. it's time to play along with the old warlord. Very Happy

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

I remember clearly when gas crossed that 1 buck a gallon thresh-hold. We though that was expensive then.
Also, back when their actually were public phones, people actually used them, and they only cost a dime. Hence the phrase, it's your dime.

I remember when me and my friends would bring our shotguns to school, and leave them in the gun racks to go hunting with when classes got out.

I remember helping a teacher open a box that was taped shut with my pocket knife.

I remember playing football, wrestling, and track, and not having to pay for any of them.

I remember food before TVP.

I remember pop before aspartame.

I remember when it was likely that the Dr. didn't take your insurance, if you had it, and that was ok.

I remember riding a huffy 20 inch without helmets, knee pads, or adult supervision all day long, and it being fine.

I remember going to visit my grandparents, and riding in the back window of my parents 77 impala for 300 miles, and waving at everyone who passed, including the police officer, who waved back.

all
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum