Jesus would never be a Republican

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jesus would never be a Republican

Post by silverswhispers on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 am

How is it possible that the typical Republican acts like the own morals and values, while being shameless and judgement, not realize they are far from where Jesus would be on nearly every issue.

To sum it up rather well... Does anyone really believe Jesus would support taking everything from the disadvantaged to give a little more to the fortunate? I don't think so.
silverswhispers

http://www.enlightenedmonkey.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jesus would never be a Republican

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 am

Well, Jesus did say something about always having poor people among us, and present-day Republicans seem intent upon producing an ever greater abundance of those.

Most ought to call themselves the party of Reverse Robin Hoods, seems to me, taking from or denying the poor while demanding lower taxes and other boons for immense corporations and the wealthy.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by silverswhispers on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:30 am

I'm honestly sickened by what the Republicans represent. I do not affiliate with any political party, not that there are many choices, but I'll never support this sociopaths.
silverswhispers

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:26 am

I don't think I like what any politician or political movement is up to right now.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by silverswhispers on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:50 am

Thus why I do not consider myself any one party or view. However, I could not ever be so selfish or deluded into thinking that Republican's are looking out for me. They could care less and truly are shameless.

Jesus would likely be disappointed with all of them but I think would turn these self-righteous hypocrites into salt upon sight.
silverswhispers

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Welp, I can't speak for Jesus or anyone else. As a Republican, it doesn't mean I agree with everything "my" (I hold that ownership very loosely) party says and does. Pretty much all politicians are scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miQQWA1zsbU This is appropriate Wink

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm like TED. I don't hold with all the beliefs of ANY party.
Anyone who says they do is either stupid or ... well, stupid fits. Because anyone who follows anything blindly does not think for themselves. In my book, that's stupid.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Once, I labeled myself as republican. The party isn't made up of conservatives anymore.

I'm kinda stuck. I don't fit with republicans, and I sure don't fit with democrats.

I'll just call myself a Jeffersonian democrat.

Evil Grin
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:12 pm

LOL ALL! (I'm a centrist, which means I'm everyone's enemy.)

Re: OP, the Republicans are prostituting the idea of a religious system to gain power. It's nothing new (why reinvent the wheel, right?) Give folks enough bread and circus.... yadda yadda yadda.

Re: Jesus... he stayed out of politics and the trappings that went with it. "Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar, and God what is Gods."
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:LOL ALL! (I'm a centrist, which means I'm everyone's enemy.)

Re: OP, the Republicans are prostituting the idea of a religious system to gain power. It's nothing new (why reinvent the wheel, right?) Give folks enough bread and circus.... yadda yadda yadda.

Re: Jesus... he stayed out of politics and the trappings that went with it. "Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar, and God what is Gods."

Well, I don't really agree that he stayed out of politics. A lot of his teachings were about passive resistance to an outside occupying force, IMO. I just think that politics were very different than the problems he was dealing with.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:38 pm

According to a test I took that seemed pretty accurate, I'm a conservative libertarian. I'm socially liberal and financially and constitutionally conservative.

Politicians pander to the ones that pay them; the constutents they can sucker into thinking they represent them (gays, blacks, latinos, jews, christians, whites) and corporations and other financial entities. They work to keep their well-paying jobs and get paid. First and foremost, they represent themselves. To earn their living, they sell their legal and political efforts to the highest bidder and represent them.

Often, people in group X don't realize they can be traded to the other team. It's happened many a time.

Jesus was right. It's a circus. Leave it to them and look for something more important.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 pm

I think social justice/human rights etc. go beyond political parties into the realm of general kindness/goodness.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:28 am

Actually, I think Jesus might well have been a Republican back in the time of Senator Barry Goldwater, a balanced moderate Republican who strongly believed in the parties compromising for the good of the people whom they represented.

He was among the last of the sane Republicans who could put public service above politics, I think, sad as that is.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:37 pm

silverswhispers wrote:

To sum it up rather well... Does anyone really believe Jesus would support taking everything from the disadvantaged to give a little more to the fortunate? I don't think so.

There is not a Republican alive that would agree that this represents what Republicans stand for; but as long as you are misrepresenting and taking things out of context-

Mt 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by silverswhispers on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Davelaw wrote:
silverswhispers wrote:

There is not a Republican alive that would agree that this represents what Republicans stand for; but as long as you are misrepresenting and taking things out of context-

Mt 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

Actions speak far louder then words and what they say and what they do are two different things. Just because they would not publicly admit this doesn't mean it is not true. I really don't feel that I've misrepresented much of anything but rather just have not given details. I suspect you are a Republican who doesn't have much time to watch what is really going on and/or just watch the fake news channel Fox. I do not suggest anything I say, with anything lightly, but the Republican party should be ashamed of themselves but seeing how the leaders of the party are filled with sociopaths they don't understand the concept of shame.
silverswhispers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Its your understanding I'm worried about not mine.

The Federal government violates the Constitution; when it tries to help the rich or the poor that is the place of local government NOT the FEDS.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by silverswhispers on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Davelaw wrote:Its your understanding I'm worried about not mine.

The Federal government violates the Constitution; when it tries to help the rich or the poor that is the place of local government NOT the FEDS.

It is unlikely we are going to alter each other's view on any of this and I don't want to battle on these lines. Seriously... please answer me this one question though... where do you get most of your news? I'm not challenging you on anything with this question but the sources do matter as many sources are deeply and fundamentally biased.

Peace
silverswhispers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:15 pm

NPR, BBC America and yahoo news plus my local ABC affiliate for sports and weather
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Republican party leaders are sociopaths? Seems more than somewhat harsh to me, SW.

Would you elaborate about why you make what I regard as an extreme indictment of them, specifying which individuals you perceive to be sociopaths and why?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by silverswhispers on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Sociopath's are a rather unique psychology and generally have characteristics that are the same in many ways. Generally, they do not have a conscious, do not have the ability to understand shame and more often then not succeed in life rather well because they do not need to be held back by typical social norms. This is not my opinion on what a Sociopath is but rather the actual characteristics of what a sociopath is.

Now I'm not applying this to a majority of the people that make up the base of the Republican voters as the psychology is different with them but I am often amazed in how easily convinced they are by the lies the two faced politicians project... that is not an opinion and easy proven. Rather, being that sociopaths are drawn to power and influence they are naturally drawn to being in office. No doubt there are plenty in other parties as well but if a sociopath was drawn to any on party no doubt it would be the Republican party. I'm not suggesting that they all are but actions do speak much louder then words and to do what they do that only serves the desires of the people they work for (big business) at the expense of the people they are supposed to serve it screams that they may very well be.

While all do what I'm going to explain and it is an easy response to suggest so the Republican machine is just shameless in how they manipulation people and information. All too often the most self-righteous moral crusaders are seriously almost always Republican and so many times they are the ones caught with their literal pants down. Fox News, which is far from fair and balanced, just a few months ago when one of these stories came down put up that the guy was a Democrat and he was in fact a Republican. If this type of thing happened only once in a great while and they corrected their mistakes it would be one thing. However, they never correct their mistakes. Another example is when they where talking about the Unions in Wisconsin getting violent and showed pictures the palm trees in the background didn't make any sense and in fact it wasn't even footage from Wisconsin. Speaking of opinion Fox has become far more a opinion network that clearly is biased but shamelessly misrepresents nearly everything.

Countless times when they come out and stand for an issue there is clear footage available of them having the exact opposite at some earlier time. John McCain who I once really like and respected has some how lost his way and has become one of the most shameless of them all with literally saying whatever, whenever and however to maintain his power.

Another recent example is that the Republicans have no problem attacking the union members in Wisconsin, and other states, complaining that they are being selfish with government money and that we do not owe them all of these things. At the same time these 'exact same people' were justifying why the executives who nearly destroyed our political system were entitled to million dollar bonuses because otherwise you'll lose the best people.

Republicans also know that most people don't actually follow the news but rather only the clips of news and many times shameless lie when everyone who is paying attention knows they are now telling the truth. Instead of being honest they will double down and just lie more and clearly if you lie enough people will believe it.

I could go on and on and on but there is a repeated pattern here and how they've managed to dupe people into believing they are looking out for them is crazy to me. I'm not sure how they can convince people that it is Obama's fault that we are in an economic crisis when clearly that all happened during Bush's watch Did you know that for the last year of his office Bush read over a hundred books... how can the President have that much time on his hands? Further... over 50 percent of Republicans believe that Obama is from Kenya, which his is not, not a US citizen, which he is and many believe he is a Muslim which he has never been. When the Republican party milks this closet racist thought to use it for their political advantage that is the type of shameless attitude that I see harmonizes very well with sociopathic personalities.

I'll leave it there for now.
silverswhispers

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm wondering if you think Democrats are actually any different?

There's only one party... they're on the same side and it's a game for them like fantasy football. *shrug*

I'm also wondering if this might be moved to the political debate boards.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silverswhispers on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:10 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I'm wondering if you think Democrats are actually any different?

There's only one party... they're on the same side and it's a game for them like fantasy football. *shrug*

I'm also wondering if this might be moved to the political debate boards.

I know that saying that they are all that way is an easy target. I'm not suggesting that Democrats are perfect by any measure as clearly they are not. I don't align myself with them and do wish they had more backbone on many issues. That being said my focus on my point with this topic not why I have trouble with Democrats but rather why I could 'never' be a Republican.

It has grown into more then I wanted but the reason I brought it up is that I just would never believe that Jesus would be a Republican. If this was posted in a political board no doubt they would say this should be in a religious group. In my view at least the original point was very related and apologize if you disagree.
silverswhispers

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:33 pm

That's fine, it can stay here.

It's all very hypothetical theory regardless, as far as assuming Jesus existed then assuming if so what part of a national political party he would affiliate with if he were around and aware of the issues of the time.

I don't think Jesus would affiliate himself with most of those that call themselves "Christians", much less a political party. He was ascetic.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silverswhispers on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:31 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:That's fine, it can stay here.

It's all very hypothetical theory regardless, as far as assuming Jesus existed then assuming if so what part of a national political party he would affiliate with if he were around and aware of the issues of the time.

I don't think Jesus would affiliate himself with most of those that call themselves "Christians", much less a political party. He was ascetic.

Actually, I would totally agree that if he did exist he wouldn't have anything to do with any of them. However, I wonder how many people today would even believe the long haired hippie was even real if they ever did meet him:)
silverswhispers

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:31 pm

silverswhispers wrote:Sociopath's are a rather unique psychology and generally have characteristics that are the same in many ways. Generally, they do not have a conscious, do not have the ability to understand shame and more often then not succeed in life rather well because they do not need to be held back by typical social norms. This is not my opinion on what a Sociopath is but rather the actual characteristics of what a sociopath is.

Just a moment, please. I agree that these are characteristics of sociopaths, but I still don't see that you've answered my question regarding which Republican leaders you consider to be sociopaths and what they've said or done that demonstrates that is an accurate label.

Rather, being that sociopaths are drawn to power and influence they are naturally drawn to being in office. No doubt there are plenty in other parties as well but if a sociopath was drawn to any on party no doubt it would be the Republican party. I'm not suggesting that they all are but actions do speak much louder then words and to do what they do that only serves the desires of the people they work for (big business) at the expense of the people they are supposed to serve it screams that they may very well be.

Insufficient evidence that sociopaths are more drawn to the Republican party than to politics in general. Furthermore, no evidence as yet provided that any Republican leaders are in fact sociopaths.

I request evidence with source citations supporting your assertion that the people you allude to but have still failed to identify can reasonably and justly be considered sociopaths and that you specify what they have done that deserves that label.

Countless times when they come out and stand for an issue there is clear footage available of them having the exact opposite at some earlier time. John McCain who I once really like and respected has some how lost his way and has become one of the most shameless of them all with literally saying whatever, whenever and however to maintain his power.

He's a politician who changes his mind the way the political winds blow. Couldn't his change of stance also represent a reconsideration of what his constituents demand and want of him?

I don't like the man or his politics myself, but I think implying that he's a sociopath is extreme without some evidence that supports how his beliefs or actions can be considered sociopathic.

Another recent example is that the Republicans have no problem attacking the union members in Wisconsin, and other states, complaining that they are being selfish with government money and that we do not owe them all of these things. At the same time these 'exact same people' were justifying why the executives who nearly destroyed our political system were entitled to million dollar bonuses because otherwise you'll lose the best people.

So, you disagree with their views on unions and that corporations typically give bonuses in order to retain good executives and workers. That still doesn't demonstrate that Republican leaders are sociopaths, merely that you strongly disagree with the party line on these issues.

DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top