God as a Scientist : Ten Scientific Commandments.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: God as a Scientist : Ten Scientific Commandments.

Post by wmdkitty on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:27 am

gillyflower wrote:I would like you to prove this. So far as I have read, no one has been able to prove that anyone can transfer their thoughts.

If you stop and think about it, you -are- transferring your thoughts... you're simply using a physical medium (the internet) to do so. You could also transfer your thoughts via pen and paper, or by voice...
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 am

"These two great Mystical beliefs govern on the planet Earth
without understand each other. This is situation that we have now."

No we don't. I am completely baffled by your inability to realize that only Abrahamists believe this. You do realize that their are other religions and beliefs, as well as atheists in the world, right?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:34 am

wmdkitty wrote:
gillyflower wrote:I would like you to prove this. So far as I have read, no one has been able to prove that anyone can transfer their thoughts.

If you stop and think about it, you -are- transferring your thoughts... you're simply using a physical medium (the internet) to do so. You could also transfer your thoughts via pen and paper, or by voice...

Yes, I am. I could also transfer my feelings if nothing else by touch. He was talking about telepathy.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:40 am

I think that Mr. Lecturer demonstrates the great danger of not having a personal relationship with your gods. If you don't, and have written words instead, you have to spend a lot of time justifying and proving those words so that you believe in those gods.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:43 am

socratus wrote: The God spoke in the darkness: “Let there be light !”
. . . . . . . .
And the God said in the darkness:
Let there be light: and there was light.

The fatal flaw in your postings here is that the universe and earth wasn't created the way Genesis 1 claims!! This is all a waste of time.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 am

Well, it really is. Genesis is religious mythology, that is a fact. It was recounted to A. explain the unexplainable, B. pass along a religion and cultural world view about how powerful and important their god was/is. If you are of that culture/religion, the myth has significance to you, if you are not, it doesn't. And if you have doubt of this, read some Native American myths or myths from a culture/religion is not your own. "Nice story" is what you think, not "how can I make this fit in with the science they are teaching in high school?"

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:22 pm

socratus wrote: The God spoke in the darkness: “Let there be light !”
. . . . . . . .
And the God said in the darkness:
Let there be light: and there was light.
So, we must examine three conceptions: God, darkness and light.

No, he didn't.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 pm

socratus wrote:
DotNotInOz wrote:
The test.
Every theory must be tested logically ( theoretical ) and practically
a) Theory : Dualism of Consciousness: (consciousness / unconsciousness)
b) Practice : Parapsychology. Meditation.

As for suggesting that parapsychology and meditation can produce
demonstrable results, anyone who's done the slightest bit of work
with either knows that that is virtually impossible.

"Scientific"? I hardly think so.
Parapsychology.
#
May 14, 2009. 10:46 am |
Categories: Army and Marines, DarpaWatch, Science! etc. < snip!>

That's an experiment to see IF any usable results can even be produced.

People set up all sorts of experiments of this sort which may or may not produce what they hope to get.

You've shown us nothing whatsoever but your opinion that it can be done. No measurements. No test results. No nothing really.

Find a report stating that these abilities have been successfully measured and tested by scientific means, and we've a basis for further conversation.

Otherwise, I must agree with Gilly that you're only here to lecture us.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:36 pm

gillyflower wrote:
Then again some people here probably can read my thoughts right about now. Smile

Sure can, Gilly.

We should plot who all did that on a chart, don't ya think? Good start. Wink
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:00 pm

The more you speak of physics, the more it becomes clear you do not understand them.

It is usually a danger when new and powerful scientific models come out. As their application to their discipline reveals that which had long been hidden, clarifies that which had long been obscured, there is always a temptation to take this great and powerful new tool and apply it where it doesn't belong.

The Greek philosophers and mathemeticians used their tools that so well mastered their own disciplines to seek underlying truth in the physical word, and left us with some truly bizzare theories of the natural world that are primarily of interest now as proof that smart people can believe silly things. When Darwin wrote about evolution, some really great minds made the mistake of assuming the model could be used to predict societal, intelectual, legal, moral requirements.

Science is a powerful tool for understanding the physical universe. Mathmatics is an elegant tool for cataloging the seen and describing the unseen physical world.

Philosophy (including ethics, law, theology), is an equally powerful tool for examining human behavior, society, interaction, and purpose.

Feelings (including faith, love, loyalty, joy) are an important role for determining what is important, why we do what we do, creating and appreciating art, and bridging the gap between simple existence and life.

Each tool is important. In turning to science for everything, you are going to be at least as wrong as someone who turns to faith for everything; you will just have more numbers in the irrelevencies you quote.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:05 am

Okay. I'm stoned, and this guy still isn't making any sense. I managed to figure out it's some kind of QP woo, but other than that...?
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:36 am

He doesn't get it either, WMD. He's just copying and pasting crap.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top