Agnostic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Agnostic

Post by Mal5252 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Many years ago (1974) I clinically died of double pneumonia for approx. 4 minutes which resulted in a NDE/OBE. During the experience I was visited by a formless entity who radiated tremendous overwhelming love and a male voice spoke to me and told me I must go back. The next thing I recall was waking up in the I.C.U. ward a few days later. At the time I was an atheist but since then I realise that something very real exists beyond this earthly realm. However, what most religions adhere to, the popular/mainstream beliefs, don't jell with me. They are contradictary to the experience I encountered. When I was met by the Being of Love there was not the slightest hint of condemnation and judging, or "your going to hell if you don't repent". Total acceptance and the purest love is what I received.
Mal5252

Back to top Go down

Re: Agnostic

Post by gillyflower on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:15 pm

That's cool. I agree that only one's personal experience with gods or spirits (UPG which stands for Unverifiable Personal Gnosis) or lack of experience is the only sensible thing to base one's beliefs on. Also, while I find other people's UPGs interesting, they are meaningless to me.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:14 am

Very cool story, Mal. Thanks for sharing!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum