God/Bible scholars. Can God sin?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: God/Bible scholars. Can God sin?

Post by gillyflower on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Watching the god grow from a barbaric tribal god to the god of love is quite fascinating, IMO.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:46 pm

gillyflower wrote:Watching the god grow from a barbaric tribal god to the god of love is quite fascinating, IMO.

I've no problem with deities of war, or deities who champion their own. Only when the nature of that deity is ignored, in favour of trying to develop a wholly foreign concept of deity, and in doing so, the attempt at reconciling this war god with a universal, omnibenevolent deity, as being one and the same, do such theological slight of hands become necessary. I admit, the process is none the less interesting.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:48 am

Some have been bringing about the actual history of the Old Testament, and others have made the information known to others. . . . . that the "monotheism" of the OT wasn't set forth until around 600 bce. Before that, Yahwah WAS just a "tribal war god", . . . one amongst many. . . .and the one that the Hebrews choose to cling to.

The history of the transformations really is fascinating, . . . and I bet much of this information had never been known by MOST christians. . . and is only now being talked about.

The Youtube person called Evid3nc3 has really brought this all to the forefront for many.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:56 am

DeavonReye wrote:Some have been bringing about the actual history of the Old Testament, and others have made the information known to others. . . . . that the "monotheism" of the OT wasn't set forth until around 600 bce. Before that, Yahwah WAS just a "tribal war god", . . . one amongst many. . . .and the one that the Hebrews choose to cling to.

The history of the transformations really is fascinating, . . . and I bet much of this information had never been known by MOST christians. . . and is only now being talked about.

The Youtube person called Evid3nc3 has really brought this all to the forefront for many.

Actually Deavon. In my case it was actually because of sitting down & reading the Bible with open eyes instead of reading it by what I had been taught to believe & think. After that I then embarked on a field of studying what others more knowledgable in the fields of Bible Study, Christian History & Ancient Religions had to say. Needless to say it was very eyeopening & revealing. I could no longer go back to Christianity now nor join another of Humanities Religions. This is not to say that I don't have my own private Spiritual Belief. Because I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top