Speaking of ignorance, with a smidge of arrogance thrown in for good measure...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Speaking of ignorance, with a smidge of arrogance thrown in for good measure...

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:10 pm

The following is an exchange between my brother and me on fb....
Tina
Another of those, "This program will guarantee a 300 point increase in your kid's SAT scores", calls. Lord love a duck!

6 hours ago · LikeUnlike · Comment

o
Tina
I'm glad my job ties up my phone all day! LOL Glad, too, that the colleges don't call the way these "improve her score" people do. I'd have to unplug it.
VMI, alone, has been recruiting like crazy. Won't take "I'm not interested" for a...n answer. Yeah...anyone who knows Marti knows that SHE ain't cut out for a military school...ESP. one with the piss poor reputation that VMI has in its treatment of women. She'd kill someone.

6 hours ago · LikeUnlike
o
Steven It would tickle me to death if a school with the reputation of VMI had recruited my girls. If you don't want them to call anymore have Marti tell them no I am not interested in a quality education from your institute. That should solve the problem.
6 hours ago · LikeUnlike
o
Tina
She wouldn't GET a quality education. What she would get would be 4 years (at 20 grand a semester) of sexual harassment.
This isn't the only school recruiting her. We'd rather she actually learn something besides running, push ups, sexu...al harassment, and mindless obedience. But that's just us...
We'd rather she attend William and Mary or Mary Baldwin, Brown or one of the dozen or so Catholic universities recruiting her.
Swarthmore, Providence, Loyola..

29 minutes ago · Like

Last edited by tmarie64 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Speaking of ignorance, with a smidge of arrogance thrown in for good measure...

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:15 pm

You'd think, after knowing me for nearly 47 years, he'd learn not to try to screw with me. LOL
He has NEVER gotten the last word in a fight with me... and he won't this time either. He and his wife have made snarky little remarks about our parenting choices since they first found out I was pregnant with Marti...
Of course...It's not MY 16 year old that gave her home phone number, address and real name to a guy on the internet.
Oh and it's MY oldest daughter who ran up an $800 cell phone bill by texting. My kids did not text, EVER, until we got the unlimited text plan.
Yeah....if that's good parenting, I will continue to be a bad one. LOL

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Speaking of ignorance, with a smidge of arrogance thrown in for good measure...

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:25 pm

For those of us who are me, what is VMI?

Yes. I likely am that stupid.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:38 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:For those of us who are me, what is VMI?

Yes. I likely am that stupid.

you're not the only one..... Embarassed
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Virginia Military Institute. It was the last all male school to allow the lowly female to enter.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Does your daughter want anything to do with the military?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:08 pm

tmarie64 wrote:Virginia Military Institute. It was the last all male school to allow the lowly female to enter.

What kind of "reputation" could it have. I never heard of it.....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

http://www.vmi.edu/
Hmmm....

As far as military schools go, I am far more impressed by the Air Force Academy.

http://www.usafa.af.mil/

And we can't forget that they have had problems in their own past.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:05 pm

No, SG, she's not interested in the military at all. All military schools have had problems, I'm sure. For so many years they were male only, it was a hard adjustment for them. But VMI is Redneck-women-belong-on-their-backs-with-their-legs-open-U and not someplace I want my kids to attend. I wouldn't want them there even if they were boys.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 pm

I just thought if she were interested in the military, there are better places she could go.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:24 am

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:
tmarie64 wrote:Virginia Military Institute. It was the last all male school to allow the lowly female to enter.

A "Southern" reputation; Stonewall Jackson was on the faculty-SCOTUS ordered VMI to admit women in 1996 after fighting the Justice department for 6 years
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:14 am

Yeah, SG, I knew what you were thinking. And you are right. I'll send her to a legitimate school, not some backwards 16th century throw back.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:46 am

Davelaw wrote:

A "Southern" reputation; Stonewall Jackson was on the faculty-SCOTUS ordered VMI to admit women in 1996 after fighting the Justice department for 6 years

Stonewall Jackson? Not the guy who died in the Civil War?

Confused now.

confused

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Davelaw wrote:

Well, I am a yankee.

Still, I can't believe that I am the only one. If schools that are more well known everywhere are offering incentives......

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:00 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:
Davelaw wrote:

Stonewall Jackson? Not the guy who died in the Civil War?

Confused now.

confused
yes, the guy who died in the Civil War-thats their claim to fame along with almost automatic admission as officers into the Military
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:16 pm

In 1996?

Super confused.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Hey, SG, OT, but my computer crashed on sat, and I lost that link to the site that had all the dr who episodes with it. What was it again?

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Sidenote, but William and Mary is beautiful and as far as I'm aware is a pretty rockin' school.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:45 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:In 1996?

Super confused.

no, the school has been around since before the Civil War

the Supreme Court got involved with their exclusion of women in 1996
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Yea, TED, She was excited that they wrote to her once she got some researching done.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 pm

I've been to visit W&M, too hot there (I about died in July) but definitely one of my favorite areas of our corner of the world.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:42 pm

It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from here. And it's only about 1000 a semester more than UVA. I get a better vibe from W&M.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:25 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Hey, SG, OT, but my computer crashed on sat, and I lost that link to the site that had all the dr who episodes with it. What was it again?

all

The site is dead now. Owner decided to sell it. But the videos posted there can be found here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/tardismedia

Harder to navigate, but if you know what you are looking for, it's there.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:04 pm

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou

I was jonesin......

allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:33 am

bounce Strange T Marie, advise daughter to continue w the great grades. Schools that want her will be tearing down your door! VMI really sent bunches & bunches of advertising to our youngest son, James. I didn't know they kept women out til 96??? Wow. There is a lot of places in our society that have seemed to take a big step backwards these past 20 or so yrs. Not only schools, & corporations but the military IS one of them also.
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top