I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack....

Post by TaoOfTheRaven on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:10 am

lol.

I was in here, quite the while ago as TaoJewGirl. Quite a few things have changed since then (lost a boyfriend and a dog, gained two cats, moved far north, in college now, coming round to dropping Judaism from my path(s) and reinitiating shamanism, etc) so I just thought I'd say hiyas.

I do frequent CL forums but I wanted to come back to a place that was well moderated and, just basically, a nice place to be.

Smile

TaoOfTheRaven

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack....

Post by gillyflower on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:13 am

Welcome back! Good to see you again.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:23 am

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about all your escapades.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoOfTheRaven on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:45 am

Whoo, boy. Well, a short laundry list:

- I was living in Indianapolis and came up to visit a friend in MN. While I was here, my ex-bf send me a "Dear Jane" letter through Facebook, telling me not to come back. So I was jobless, homeless and damn near penniless.
- friends got me over the initial hump, emotionally, physically and financially but that couldn't last forever so I enrolled in the local college.
- I'm now an English major (Creative Writing) and working on a bunch of projects, hopefully some of which will sell.
- I have two cats, Bastet and Oreo (9-yr old fixed female and 3-yr old non-fixed male, respectively)

That's snuff for now, I think. Smile

TaoOfTheRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I hope he at least had enough consideration to send it via PM. Wotta loser, leaving you with no resources like that!

Glad ta cya again!
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:49 pm

I still can't believe Ben did that.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Just remember it says an awful lot about what kind of man Ben is and nothing about you. I truly believe that he'll reap the consequences for that.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoOfTheRaven on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:22 pm

I've moved on, but thanks for the replies. Smile

Now I have more time to put into my writing, I guess, instead of his (I used to proofread his 90+ page screenplays and school essays).

TaoOfTheRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Whoa, no need to waste all that energy; glad to see you and glad to hear of the positive steps to move onward. Smile
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TaoOfTheRaven on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Thankee. On the plus side, I'm getting a lot more writing done. I was talking to a friend whom I hadn't "seen" online for a while and showed her my blog and she's like, "that's a lot of writing".

I honestly hadn't looked at it that way.

TaoOfTheRaven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum