Is my browser frozen or what? B-net query

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is my browser frozen or what? B-net query

Post by DotNotInOz on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm about to conclude that virtually no one is at home in B-net's oversight division.

The Featured Discussions on the Community Forums homepage are the same ones that have been there for going on something like three months now. They used to be changed out at least monthly, I think, if not more often. Anyway, I know I've never before gone onto B-net so many times and found the same ancient topics still featured.

Other things make me wonder if B-net is getting so little traffic compared with what it once got that the mods and admins have largely given up.

Most of the threads I used to frequent weren't terribly active but at least drew new postings more frequently than every few months. Some of the topics I really enjoyed back in beta days are now all but dead, a few not having had any contributions to them for a year or longer.

Despite the exodus to YS most of us did, I think it rather sad that what once was such an enjoyable forum now reeks of decay and abandonment.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Re: Is my browser frozen or what? B-net query

Post by Davelaw on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:23 pm

There are down to like two employees.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Thanks for that info, Dave. Wouldn't surprise me.

DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdfaery on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:11 pm

I used to love that site. I don't think it's going to be around much longer. Sad
weirdfaery

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Me too, WF.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:10 pm

weirdfaery wrote:I used to love that site. I don't think it's going to be around much longer. Sad

Gotta agree as little traffic as there seems to be on all but the hottest of the hot topic threads.

Oh, well...it was most fun for me back when it wasn't nearly as fancy as this site is. Just a very basic message board without even the essentials such as edit. I think the topics list was barely half the size it is now if that long.

Those were definitely the good ol' days. Geez, that was a little over ten years ago. Scary thot!

How many of the rest of you were around waaaay back then?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 pm

I wasn't there that far back.....I don't even know when I joined! It was awhile ago, though.......

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:25 am

5 years ago it was a lot of fun. There were discussions, arguments, moderators who actually moderated everyone equally.... The last couple years has been a fast decline.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:34 am

So many ads and crap on it now, it's annoying. Also it was the kiss of death when they fired their good mods and started playing favorites. It's popularity killed it I think.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:35 am

Funny how it goes.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Started Oct.31 2000. I was sad when to started to go downhill. Now, occasionally I go there to see certain people, and you know, even the debates I used to get into aren't as interesting.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:27 pm

The place reminds me of a battlefield with bodies lying all around. So many names I see that used to be vibrantly active now post rarely or not at all.

Here and there, there's a flash of the old fun, but most of them are like attempting to start a fire with too little paper and kindling, a brief flare and then just scattered sparks on the ground...
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 am

gillyflower wrote:So many ads and crap on it now, it's annoying. Also it was the kiss of death when they fired their good mods and started playing favorites. It's popularity killed it I think.

Firefox and AdBlock solved the ad problem.

Certain religions and political positions were deemed unassailable, in favor of the very conservative Christian portion of the boards. And it wasn't "kosher" to criticize the 12-step program. (I have several objections, on moral and legal grounds, to the program and the way it's pushed in the justice system.) It went from open and welcoming to cliquish and very, very... cold. I haven't been back in ages, though I'm tempted to go look.
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 pm

If you do, stop in at the Multifaith boards. They've gotten a sudden influx of people who are giving Nancy support.

Needless to say, I think that Leah needs to know she isn't alone.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Crazy Nancy's still around? Hysterical Goodness, I'd totally forgotten about her.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 pm

She is utterly forgettable. Honestly I can't even figure out how to respond to her anymore. All she does is quote bible passages and complain about being persecuted anymore.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:14 pm

That's all she did 2 years ago last time we talked.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:17 pm

That's the problem. She doesn't even change her posts a little. I think she has a database of them stored, and just posts them.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 pm

All, at one point she was simply copying the posts at a website of the cult she follows and posting them. When called upon it, she never would admit that she was a follower.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 pm

I think I missed that part.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:15 pm

I think she still is doing that, Gilly.

I was just reading some thread she was on over the weekend, and what she said appeared to me to flow too smoothly to be a typical person's expressed thoughts. Sounded like a cut & paste to this former English teacher.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:45 am

Oh, man, FSTDT GOLDMINE!
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hexpainter on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:35 pm

I joined Bnet back in september 2001...
The fun hay day was through 2002 to about 2004 then the long slide to today...
-
after 1/1/11 gets here the Second Coming Timmy might stop posting and then there goes all the fun...
hexpainter

http://www.hexpainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:19 pm

WMDKitty wrote:

Certain religions and political positions were deemed unassailable, in favor of the very conservative Christian portion of the boards. And it wasn't "kosher" to criticize the 12-step program. (I have several objections, on moral and legal grounds, to the program and the way it's pushed in the justice system.) It went from open and welcoming to cliquish and very, very... cold. I haven't been back in ages, though I'm tempted to go look.

Hey, Kitty, I just saw this. Want to start a thread on the problems with the 12 step system? It would probably be an interesting discussion.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 pm

hexpainter wrote:I joined Bnet back in september 2001...
The fun hay day was through 2002 to about 2004 then the long slide to today...
-
after 1/1/11 gets here the Second Coming Timmy might stop posting and then there goes all the fun...

Gods, the boy is out of his bleeding gourd.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top