Anyone Doing NaNo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone Doing NaNo?

Post by gillyflower on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:46 am

It's ta-da! NaNoWriMo time again! I am doing it after thinking I wouldn't since I didn't have any ideas AT ALL this year but when I sat down I popped out two, going with both until I decide on one or the other or both. Smile

One is about a person whose hobby is poisoning people. It might become a profession.
Evil Grin

The other is a young adult novel.

So is anyone else busy writing?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone Doing NaNo?

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 am

I'm writing an eviction notice for the tenant who's 3 months behind. Neutral

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:03 am

Good luck with that. Renters can cause real problems. I hope you get your money AND they go away.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:19 am

I'm not going to get the former, just the latter. Gotta file for bankruptsy this week too (regarding older thread). Didn't mean to steal the thunder from this one! Just really...frazzled.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:19 am

What is NaNoWriMo?

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdfaery on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 am

National novel wriiting month and I'm pushing myself to finish my latest book this month. I've been slacking off. No
weirdfaery

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:58 am

Where I fall down is the putting the rump in the chair part. If I write a bit of it in my head, I can't remember exactly the brilliant wording I had when I try to put it on paper (so to speak since I use the computer) and that is frustrating and discouraging to me. But it is the just doing it part, the just writing badly if nothing else until it takes form that I avoid. I want to wait until I am struck by inspiration and it is work, it is just doing it day after day whether you feel like it or not that is the real goal. Then I always get to the part where the story and the characters are boring - the endless middle - and I chuck the whole thing.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdfaery on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 am

My problem is I always get the beginning and end in blinding flashes of inspiration and them I'm stuck trying to make the middle cohesive. that's when writer's block sets in and I'm not very good at self motivation.
weirdfaery

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:31 am

I've always liked the idea of writing a novel.

I just seem to lack the ability to spend that much time on one idea.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Maybe next year I'll do it.

Then again, I said that last year.

And I think maybe I'm too self-critical, I end up feeling like if I can't do it perfectly, I shouldn't do it at all.
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:17 pm

That's a real problem that NaNo is hoping to help you overcome. I try to turn off the internal editor but it is very hard to just spew words on a page and keep going, for me at any rate. When I know it is bad or wrong, eh. But they keep saying the time to fix it is when you edit it and I think that is right because it has been my experience that it is hard to know if the good stuff is even going to stay in. Things change, I get better ideas, the story goes in an unexpected direction and before you know it you are going to have to edit whatever you wrote so that it works.

Right now I keep having to work nights then turn around and go back early the next morning because some people have gotten sick. I'm tired and don't have much time to write. Hopefully I can keep chugging along despite that.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:22 am

I write every damn day at work. I have two stories I have to get out in the next couple of days as it is. I love to write fiction, but I am just too tired to write after I have spent all day at work writing.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 am

I think it's very neat that some people have the creativity and ability to write fiction. I've always admired that and been a little jealous (tried a few times before).

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Yeah, I got started. The problem I'm having is that the plot keeps ...erm, adjusting... on me as I go along, making much of what's been worked out obsolete and in need of replacement post haste. I may get all of my words done in sorting out the first chapter....
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 pm

I admire people who can start - and finish - big projects. I've started many writing projects....

Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:12 am

And good for you! To me it is kind of like quitting smoking; enough starts and one day you just might make it, but if you don't try you never will.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdfaery on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:34 am

Yeah! Chappie Three! cheers Party2
weirdfaery

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 am

Very Happy Sakhaiva.....ROFLMAO...I feel ya babe!

Y'all ever see the movie, "UP"? Well, the dog? You know the one, the one that says "Squirrel?"...that sums me up about writing down ideas, & inner heartfelt thoughts... I'm not only CDO (ocd alphabetized....LOL), but I'm also ADD (thats already alphabetized, scratch ).

But hey, Gilly? You keep writin them thar thoughts down!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum