Under the "REALLY? Who CARES?" category... Or "Dudes! You have ENTIRELY too much free time" label

Go down

Under the "REALLY? Who CARES?" category... Or "Dudes! You have ENTIRELY too much free time" label

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:25 am

Vatican claims Homer Simpson is Catholic

Really?????????????? DAMN! These people have ENTIRELY too much free time. Don't they know he's a cartoon??????

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Under the "REALLY? Who CARES?" category... Or "Dudes! You have ENTIRELY too much free time" label

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 pm

Oi Vay!
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Re: Under the "REALLY? Who CARES?" category... Or "Dudes! You have ENTIRELY too much free time" label

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:43 pm

I used to think the Catholic clergy were just painfully cute when they tried to be relevant.

Now, it simply reminds me of how grateful I am that I had sense enough to ditch that church decades ago.

DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:09 pm

While Jean is correct that they (The Simpsons) are members of the reformed church of Presbylutherans, it should be pointed out that one of the last times the issue of Christianity cropped up in the show (the last time religion did, being Rednecks and Broomsticks), Homer had converted to Catholicism (albeit vaguely). I can site Marge's question of "Homer, have you accepted someone as your personal something?" Then Homer proceeding to extol the virtues of Catholicism.

What should also be pointed out, however, is that continuity is something which is routinely played with by the writers of the show, and very rarely adhered to.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down