Feedback needed

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feedback needed

Post by godman on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Of all the churches and belief in god and the bible, the truth is the bible is not god word.
god is real and there is a afterlife, I only know so much of what I see, there are words
all over, on the ground trees clouds etc, other people see these words too, and I have seen
the words, god did not write the bible, take photos of the grass dirt carpet etc, tell me what
you think

godman

Back to top Go down

Re: Feedback needed

Post by gillyflower on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Sorry, I"m not a Christian if that is the god you are talking about.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:42 pm

My life is Jello
Sitting and waiting in the bowl
Patiently to gel

haikus are easy
but sometimes they don't make sense
refrigerator

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:53 pm

I suppose that these "words you see on the ground, trees, clouds" are just analogies? You're not actually seeing words, are you?

But no, the bible is not the word of a god, but of men who lived in that time.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:58 pm

It is a wonderful piece of literature.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:12 pm

I don't care if your god is real or not, or whether the afterlife you strive for is there or not.

I am on a different path.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:16 pm

I say it's whatever discourages your being mean to others and beyond that gets you through the dark and stormy nights. Believe what does those for you.

(And better still, shut up about it unless specifically asked.)
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:19 pm

God is real...TO YOU. Not to everyone.
How do you know there is an afterlife? How can you say so definitively that there is? You been there?

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:22 pm

All I can say is that I just now looked at the carpet and saw no words, godly or otherwise. Guess I'm just not a visionary or something...(emphasis on that "or something").
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:54 pm

You don't EVEN want to know what I saw on my carpet! Suffice it to say that, Thanks to Crystal, the maine coon who gorges herself then yarks up half of it, I will be cleaning carpets this weekend.
Spot cleaning, graned, but I HATE dragging that damn cleaner out.

I don't know what it is...Crystal will go for months eating normally, then for a week or so she'll just flat pig out, then, well you know... Occasional bulimia?
She gets Cat Lax several times a week to help her pass hair balls, so I know that's not it. I think she just does it to piss me off.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:57 pm

godman wrote:Of all the churches and belief in god and the bible, the truth is the bible is not god word.
god is real and there is a afterlife, I only know so much of what I see, there are words
all over, on the ground trees clouds etc, other people see these words too, and I have seen
the words, god did not write the bible, take photos of the grass dirt carpet etc, tell me what
you think

Oh, while I'm thinking about it.... What feedback, exactly, were you looking for? Validation? You want us to agree with you? Tell you you're wrong? Tell you what we believe?

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 pm

I really didn't understand the first post, I must admit.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by godman on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:12 pm

tmarie64 wrote:
godman wrote:Of all the churches and belief in god and the bible, the truth is the bible is not god word.
you think

Oh, while I'm thinking about it.... What feedback, exactly, were you looking for? Validation? You want us to agree with you? Tell you you're wrong? Tell you what we believe?

Its not a matter of my belief if Im right or wrong its a matter of whats there

godman

Back to top Go down

Post by godman on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:28 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:I say it's whatever discourages your being mean to others and beyond that gets you through the dark and stormy nights. Believe what does those for you.

I have been alive 34 years and never heard anything about this, when I saw
this and talked to a few people who do see this I started thinking and stayed quiet.
but what struck me is 50 million people have died in the usa alone from 1900 to 1950.
children mothers brothers sisters that have holes ripped in their hearts and
never see them on earth again.

godman

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Well, death is part of living.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:39 am

Are you questioning where the 50 million people went? I'm still not sure what feedback you are looking for......

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by godman on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:12 am

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius.[/quote]

for the people that wonder and have no answer for their existence and wonder
how the earth was created and scientists today that want to know what stars
are, and they will be just gone that would be unfair.

godman

Back to top Go down

Post by godman on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:44 am

DotNotInOz wrote:I say it's whatever discourages your being mean to others and beyond that gets you through the dark and stormy nights. Believe what does those for you.

nobody ever asked probably nobody would have I will not shut up
go ask your aunt

godman

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:44 am

godman wrote:
tmarie64 wrote:
you think

Its not a matter of my belief if Im right or wrong its a matter of whats there

THAT is not an answer to what I asked... I ASKED... WHAT FEEDBACK ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? Do you want validatio? WHAT?

It IS a matter of your belief. You don't KNOW what is there. YOU can't prove it. You believe something... So what? My kid believed in Santa...Doesn't make him real.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:46 am

godman wrote:

I have been alive 34 years and never heard anything about this, when I saw
this and talked to a few people who do see this I started thinking and stayed quiet.
but what struck me is 50 million people have died in the usa alone from 1900 to 1950.
children mothers brothers sisters that have holes ripped in their hearts and
never see them on earth again.

So? Probably 100 times that many have died in the world? SO? Big deal... People are born, people live, people die. It's called "The Circle of Life"....

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:48 am

godman wrote:

nobody ever asked probably nobody would have I will not shut up
go ask your aunt

WTF is THAT supposed to mean? Dude...You need help. You better tread carefully, because, in here, you disrespect us by trying to preach and us and convert people, aka Proselytize, we WILL shut you up. You won't like it, but you WILL be shut up, and down just ask internetmystery.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 am

Is English your second language, godman?

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:52 am

Shocked

Help

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:58 am

godman wrote:

nobody ever asked probably nobody would have

And that's my point. Whatever revelation you've gotten is for YOU. No one else really wants to know about it unless they ask you. Get the hint yet?

I will not shut up

That was pretty much a given since you offered the information in the first place.

go ask your aunt

Huh? I'm guessing this is a joking reference to the movie Dorothy's Auntie Em? If not, I have no idea what you mean.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 am

I have a feeling that godman is saying something that is said and has meaning in another language and culture but doesn't translate well.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top