Another boring forum but I'd like to read "your" Poor Me stories so post them here:

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Another boring forum but I'd like to read "your" Poor Me stories so post them here:

Post by DotNotInOz on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:13 pm

I got off the phone with our financial consultant after having requested to withdraw some much-needed funds from our investment account.

Sometimes, I let silly message board squabbles divert my thinking from what is important in life--that hubby and I are fortunate enough to have savings and investments so that when we need some extra cash we have resources to draw upon.

Friends in r/l and on this forum, a comfy home with some beautiful things to enhance it, some of which inspire lovely memories of family and friends now gone...

Enough money to pay the bills with a bit to waste on frivolities now and then, that and knowing that you are loved by the one whom you love, how very grateful I am!

"Poor Me"? I hardly think so!

DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Re: Another boring forum but I'd like to read "your" Poor Me stories so post them here:

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Me, too, Dot! We have gotten a handle on our finances. We've gotten a handle on Charlie's health, FINALLY!

We're all healthy and happy. I couldn't whine if I wanted to.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:48 pm

I can't be grateful for good health anymore, but I am very much so for medications that keep a couple of fairly serious conditions in check.

Without those, my life would be somewhat less enjoyable, that's for sure!

Something else I'm grateful for...thanks for the reminder, Tina.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Oh, I've been healthier. But I found out today that my cholesterol dropped 46 points in 6 weeks with just minor diet changes and regular exercise.
I'm able to get out and exercise, so many people are not. So, I'm grateful.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 pm

iNtErNeT mYsTeRy wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:We are a fairly "boring" forum as far as fights and drama goes. Sorry to disappoint...

http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000258.htm

Well, in all fairness, no one can predict the becoming nature of a forum, right? But don't sell this forum short on "fights and drama" because IMO I've noticed many instances of dramatic fighting rhetoric. For example, one of your moderators - John T Mainer - made the comment, quote: "To access them, you must both read and comprehend. I understand if such skills are as beyond you as courtesy, respect, and self discipline. Sadly angry little boys are way too common on the internet for anyone to be surprised, impressed, or moved by your tantrums. I am sorry your parents didn't spank you enough, but nobody here can be bothered either."
Clearly, IMO and to most perhaps, those are accusational dramatic fighting words, don't you think? Here's a couple more examples of "fights and drama":
1. allthegoodnamesweretaken said; quote:
" Only a moron would mistake this for a "Christian forum" "

Now in that example (which is also a false assumption because I never assumed this was a Christian forum), IMO and to most perhaps, those too are dramatic fighting words since the person is antagonistically calling me a "moron" looking to provoke a fight, wouldn't you agree?

2. tmarie64 said; quote:
"Why is YOUR stupid ass here?"
Now in that example, IMO and I'm certain almost everyone would agree, those are without doubt not only "dramatic fighting" words but also symptomatic of someone with rage/hate issues wouldn't you agree?

Anyway I could quote many more examples but suffice to say IMO, your forum has no shortage of "fights and drama" for those who might be interested in that sort of thing and therefore you needn't apologize nor feel disappointed as far as I'm concerned? Smile Not to mention, this forum is entertaining in some aspects along with people just saying/being themselves and having fun like I am while also laughing at myself in participation. BTW, do You know what the word: "assume" means?

Symptomatic of rage/hate issues? Let us be honest, comments pointing out your failings in netiquette hardly constitute rage or hate.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:02 am

tmarie64 wrote:Oh, I've been healthier. But I found out today that my cholesterol dropped 46 points in 6 weeks with just minor diet changes and regular exercise.

Been eating lots more oatmeal, I bet?

Several years ago, an aunt told me that her doctor suggested snacking on some Quaker Oat Squares once a day as well as eating oatmeal more often.

My cholesterol began running borderline high not long after that, so I tried the Oat Squares snack for about a year. My cholesterol dropped 40 points.

What really did it, though, was when we ate primarily stir-fries with very little meat to veggies. Mine went from the 220's down to 170 the first year we did that. Got to be a pain in the glutes doing all that chopping and slicing for both lunch and dinner, however.

We really should get back onto that regimen both of us. I fix a stir-fried bento box for hubby's work lunch, but I eat less healthfully at lunchtime myself. Not a good thing...
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 am

No, actually, no oatmeal at all. I cut out eggs. I used to eat at least 2 eggs for breakfast 3 or 4 times a week. I bought Egg Beaters, eat salads with every dinner, and exercise regularly. I go to the gym every day, one day I do circuit training and cardio, one day I do strictly cardio.
I also broke out the Wii Active. LOVE that boxing.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:34 am

Somehow, I can see you as a boxer, Marie. NahNah

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:53 am

LOL!!! I love it! Scott told me he gets just a wee bit creeped out watching me, because I enjoy it so much.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:50 am

tmarie64 wrote:LOL!!! I love it! Scott told me he gets just a wee bit creeped out watching me, because I enjoy it so much.

Afraid to get in range is he? Laughing
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:03 am

A little, I think, Dot. LOL

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 am

Is he gone? Razz
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:21 am

For now. He got a week's time out. We'll see on the 19th if he decides to behave appropriately or not.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 am

You all are a bunch of meanies who can't . . . . . . . . .Okay, I can't get that out with a straight face! Very Happy You all made the right call. He was completely out of line. Wink
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Yeesh, you don't show up for a few days and you miss all the fun!!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top