It has been said . . .

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:51 am

It's been an angry month. I was at the bank last week and was being tailgated so close I couldn't make it in the "in" drive, so went in the "out" drive and parked in the back. There were a couple of black guys tying up one of the two out lanes parked and talking, which left only one out lane to use. Redneck guy gets pissed at the teller who apparently tells him he doesn't have the money he thought he had, or something, so he TEARS out of the drive-thru like a madman and knocks his camoflauge camper loose. Slams on the break in the second out lane and jumps out to whip it back on. Guys are staring at him, so it turns into a WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? pushing confrontation. I can't get out at this point so I casually re-park and watch it all go down. I can't see the first two guys because they're in front of the car now so I've got my eyes on the second black guy who's got his arms folded and casually watching. I know if he moves it's getting heavy. I casually reach under the seat and pull out my 38 and lay it on the seat so it's close. Meanwhile nerdy middle-aged guy pulls up behind this and as both 'out' lanes are blocked, proceeds to BEEP BEEP BEEP his horn (because that's awfully constructive, you know). Eventually though they get over it and nobody gets hurt and they move on. But it's been stuff like that all month! Hostile customers, hostile people everywhere out in public, hostile people online. Lots of anger. The new agey part of me wonders whats going on in the universe.

_________________
"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
avatar
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3854
Join date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:13 am

Gilly: You play World of Warcraft? Have you seen this?


http://www.youtube.com/user/watchtheguild

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:06 pm

gillyflower wrote:I am glad to see you too MC!

The current trend (not on here - the world) of incivility is very disquieting. I was on WoW and asked a question and the next thing I know a person was yelling that I was stupid and if I couldn't figure it out on my own then I was too stupid to play WoW, etc. There were several other people who contacted me to say ignore him and others too who said, if you don't want to answer questions you don't need to do it. But don't attack people.

I wasn't hurt. It was a good question and later I heard it asked again and this time it turned out that a lot of people were having the same problems and the answers before were not fixing it. I just marveled at that one person who acted like a giant baby throwing a tantrum. It is the same kind of person I think who now thinks it is okay to bully a gay person or a woman or a person of color just because no one can stop them. They feel, I think, extreme entitlement. Instead of being a good and honorable friend and a kind person to strangers, they see others as their potential victims.

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:It's been an angry month. I was at the bank last week and was being tailgated so close I couldn't make it in the "in" drive, so went in the "out" drive and parked in the back. There were a couple of black guys tying up one of the two out lanes parked and talking, which left only one out lane to use. Redneck guy gets pissed at the teller who apparently tells him he doesn't have the money he thought he had, or something, so he TEARS out of the drive-thru like a madman and knocks his camoflauge camper loose. Slams on the break in the second out lane and jumps out to whip it back on. Guys are staring at him, so it turns into a WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? pushing confrontation. I can't get out at this point so I casually re-park and watch it all go down. I can't see the first two guys because they're in front of the car now so I've got my eyes on the second black guy who's got his arms folded and casually watching. I know if he moves it's getting heavy. I casually reach under the seat and pull out my 38 and lay it on the seat so it's close. Meanwhile nerdy middle-aged guy pulls up behind this and as both 'out' lanes are blocked, proceeds to BEEP BEEP BEEP his horn (because that's awfully constructive, you know). Eventually though they get over it and nobody gets hurt and they move on. But it's been stuff like that all month! Hostile customers, hostile people everywhere out in public, hostile people online. Lots of anger. The new agey part of me wonders whats going on in the universe.

I know what you guys mean.

I went to fill up my wife's car with gas a week or so ago. I'm standing by the car. The car in the lane next to me is done and moving out. The gal in the car behind them is moving up. After the car in front of her pulls out, she can see where the first row of pumps has a bag, and an out of service sign. So, she stops at the second row of pumps. The truck behind her slams on their breaks, almost hitting her. The driver starts to get out of his truck. I'm assuming it is to go "talk to her". However, as he turns to get out of his truck, he sees me. At this point, his eyes get really big, he slams his door, and takes off out of the gas station really quick. Which is when I realized that my wife's car, since it has the seat belt latch in a different place than my truck, has caught on my shirt, and pushed the bottom of it up to a point where it has left my pistol exposed. So, my usual concealed carry, was now an open carry, it was seen, and without intent at all, I stopped a road rage incident.


Very Happy
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Funny how cool steel can qualm hot tempers. Wink

_________________
"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
avatar
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3854
Join date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:52 pm

It is.

I've always though that if you are treating someone different just because they have a weapon, shouldn't you be treating them different anyway?

People don't though. You can see the change in attitudes. For example, the people at the DMV treat you very different, if you use a concealed carry permit as a form of identification...

all
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:35 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:People don't though. You can see the change in attitudes. For example, the people at the DMV treat you very different, if you use a concealed carry permit as a form of identification...

all

Considering some of the treatment I've gotten from the tender hands of DMV workers, concealed carry could be an excellent idea. Honestly, I think that office hires the mentally deficient as badly as they've screwed up various things for us.

To give just due, I can't say that for DMV personnel in Kansas. I never had anything done incompetently there in 30-some years of dealings. Missouri is a different story.
avatar
DotNotInOz

Posts : 2795
Join date : 2009-04-02
Location : St Louis MO burb

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:09 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:People don't though. You can see the change in attitudes. For example, the people at the DMV treat you very different, if you use a concealed carry permit as a form of identification...

all

Considering some of the treatment I've gotten from the tender hands of DMV workers, concealed carry could be an excellent idea. Honestly, I think that office hires the mentally deficient as badly as they've screwed up various things for us.

To give just due, I can't say that for DMV personnel in Kansas. I never had anything done incompetently there in 30-some years of dealings. Missouri is a different story.

It's funny.

I walk into the DMV.

The guy looks at my paperwork and snarls.

Guy: I need 2 forms of ID.

I look at him and say well, I've got the lisence....

Guy: Well, that's one, what else ya got?

All: Is a social security card ok?

Guy: No, we can't take that.

All: What about credit cards?

Guy (rolls his eyes): No, we can't take those either.

All: Well, how about an insurance card?

Guy: No, that won't work either. Do you even have something that will work?

All: Well how about this? (Hands him my CCW)

Guy (real politely now): Um, the registration from your vehicle will, did you drive today?

all
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:55 pm

Here's your sign. Very Happy

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:44 pm

I've gotta say, DMV in VA handled me, Scott, and Marti very well. Marti was extra work because the woman that we went to had never had a kid under 19 from out of state transfer their license. It took her and her supervisor about 10 minutes, I told them I would go to a driving school or the driver ed teacher at the school, but they both said, "No!! If you don't mind waiting, we would LOVE to find this out. Obviously we don't get this situation often and we'll know next time". They were very nice and welcomed Marti to the roads of VA.

_________________
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
— Dr. Seuss
avatar
tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2009-04-02
Location : Richmond, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by Beribee on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:31 am

My hubby's bringing both boys to the DMV next week to get their learners permits.....I'm so glad I don't have to go! LOL

_________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says, "Crap, she's up!"

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
avatar
Beribee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-04-02
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Beribee wrote:My hubby's bringing both boys to the DMV next week to get their learners permits.....I'm so glad I don't have to go! LOL

Boys? Your car insurance is going to skyrocket. Shocked

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by Beribee on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:38 pm

No kidding! That's why they're gonna be getting jobs!!! LOL

_________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says, "Crap, she's up!"

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
avatar
Beribee
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2009-04-02
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: It has been said . . .

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum