Warehouse 13? Eureka fans, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Warehouse 13? Eureka fans, anyone?

Post by DotNotInOz on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:04 pm

I must say we've sincerely had our doubts all through this season's Eureka which has seemed so very weird, but the idiotically designated "Mid-Season Finale" was just as compelling as ever and tied up some plot and character strangeness that was bothering both hubby and me.

Someone still needs to explain how you can have a finale midway through the season, but whatever, I suppose.

Anyway, there appear to be some interesting possibilities for the characters now that their time travel sojourn which went somewhat awry may be resolved more in keeping with how those five characters behaved previously. Don't want to issue any spoilers. For one thing, it'd be damnably difficult trying to explain all the relationships which were altered by the time travel bit, not to mention that it's all pretty complicated.

Warehouse 13 is getting very interesting indeed now that H.G. Wells (as depicted in this series, actually a woman named Helena Wells and one tough babe to be sure) is part of the W13 crew. That show's proving to be nearly as creatively plotted as Torchwood was.

Anyone else fans of either or both SyFy series?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Re: Warehouse 13? Eureka fans, anyone?

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:12 pm

I'm a huge, huge fan of Warehouse 13.

In the season finale, 2 parts starting tomorrow, they announced one of the agents is going to die - I'm begging it's HG, if not Leena. Leena's not made much of an appearance lately and I really think the core team is too integral to kill one of them off.

I too love H.G. though. She's really brought a good character to the series.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:36 pm

I have heard good things, but haven't watched either show.
But Television Without Pity let me know what was going on with Warehouse 13 this way:

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=3142036&view=findpost&p=13165622

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Damn, SG! I'm amazed you haven't been watching W13 since its opener! You absolutely must check it out; I bet you'll become as hooked as we are.

Yeah, Tiger, I think it probably will be Leena. As you say, she's hardly been in any of the last several episodes and was never that compelling a character anyway. Although, you never know. They might do a Torchwood cliffhanger and make it one of the major characters. Artie, possibly, since he's kind of a lone man as far as the team is concerned, although that would be complicated to have the boss go somehow. With all the time machine stuff, they'd figure some way to bring him back ultimately.

I wish they'd do something more with the possible romance between Claudia and Fargo. They seemed to have some major chemistry going. I really like the quirky character of Claudia anyway, and the actress playing her does the role so very well.

Wasn't it wild to have Todd break up with her because he was in the witness protection program? We were lying there watching that going, "Oh, that is sooooo COOL! And here we thought he was just a geeky jerk."
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:49 pm

I figured if it's not Leena or HG, it'll be major character they bring back. In the good ol' fanasty world, nobody has to stay dead. Artie's already died once, you know!

Claudia's too hot for me to handle. She looks (and acts) just like a girl I dated a looong time ago and I'm tellin ya, my nipples get hard when she comes on screen.

That was cool about Todd! I didn't care for the actor though. He looked to me like a hot, cool, popular-dude that was attempted to be dorked up in glasses and a polo. They definitely could have chosen a better geek actor there.

I must be on my manperiod. This last episode made me tear up pretty hard, when Rachel had her first, and last, kiss with Jack. I think this is the only show besides Bones that makes me tear up. Strange

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Gotta agree with you about the guy who played Todd. That's one reason why I like the actor who plays Fargo; he really DOES look like and have the personality of a geek. He does a lot of the socially inept mannerisms of a geek, too.

I'm wondering how they're going to work out the bit about Jo having Zane's grandmother's ring, too. We thought it was just TOO bizarre having him get involved with Zoe even though that was in keeping with how badass his character is in the altered history after the return to present-day Eureka.

I have very mixed feelings about the Allison-Jack relationship. They just don't seem like they'd have much of anything in common even though the actors do a good job of portraying the strong attraction. Too bad, in a way, that Nathan's supposed return was just Allison's delusion as was Tess's coming back for Jack.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Ah see, I haven't see Eureka, so I'm at a loss there. But it's good to see another 13 nut in the house. Very Happy

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdfaery on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:15 pm

My husband is a Eureka fiend and just when I was starting to get into they killed off Nathan! When he showed up in the sheriff's station I squeed like I'd died and went to fangirl heaven. His explanation for how he got back was like every fanfic I've read about him getting back. Plus shirtless Ed Boon!!!!! Woot! Woot! The crossover has made me interested in W13 I thought that girl had really good chemistry with Fargo and I hope somehow that becomes a plot point.
weirdfaery

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:57 pm

So what did you think of part 1 of the season finale?? Was that not fantastic? Who turned the translator on 'extra creepy'? Wink

What do you think HG is up to? Do you think she tesla'd Pete and Myka to hurt them or protect them? If protect them, from herself or from Artie? From the preview clip for this week, it appears she and Artie are having a battle to the death...with Poseidon's trident? What do you think she's after?

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:19 pm

I've been on warehouse 13 since the beginning. Eureka started at that weird time where we didn't have cable, and so I didn't start any new shows, and don't really have the time to get caught up.

Honestly, my plug is for the HG character to go. Yeah, she's kind of grown on me, but I keep remembering her as Lila on Dexter, and waiting for her to do something sinister. Maybe she will now. As a mid season addition, she would be more of a person to go than some of the other core cast.

Interesting teaser with the Claudia being "chosen" by the warehouse to be the next caretaker though....

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 am

I love Eureka, its the best Sci-Fi made in a while. I mean, it has actual science in its fiction. You have to love a show where a character can complain that his house (high level AI) is getting more sex than he is.

Not often you get a series that can work as stand alone episodes, and as a story arc simultaneously.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliaKhanam on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:00 pm

They might do a Torchwood cliffhanger and make it one of the major characters. Artie, possibly, since he's kind of a lone man as far as the team is concerned, although that would be complicated to have the boss go somehow. With all the time machine stuff, they'd figure some way to bring him back ultimately.

JuliaKhanam

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Never been crazy about either one. They're good enough, I suppose. But, for some reason, they just don't appeal. To anyone in my household.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top