Aloha!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Aloha!

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm

My husband's step brother is all into that stuff and has his house decorated accordingly. I pity his wife and wonder why she doesn't make him put his toys away.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Why do I find that sentiment peculiar from a woman who has a long-ago Dr. Who as her current avatar, SG? Cool Very Happy

Yeah, I know...an avatar isn't sitting on your coffeetable making your guests wonder if you've never grown up.

DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:32 pm

I once knew a woman who'd been collecting Barbies since they came out, and had an entire room of nothing but Barbie dolls. Wall-to-wall to the ceiling... yeah.

People are weird.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:28 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:Why do I find that sentiment peculiar from a woman who has a long-ago Dr. Who as her current avatar, SG? Cool Very Happy

Yeah, I know...an avatar isn't sitting on your coffeetable making your guests wonder if you've never grown up.

I'll have you know that my house is decorated with old camera equipment and mc escher prints. And lots of bookshelves. It's my sister's house that is decorated with David Tennant posters and Dalek and K-9 remote control toys.
And I am actually being pretty literal there. I'm thinking about getting her a sonic screwdriver for her birthday.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Oh, definitely get her the new sonic screwdriver! She'll love it.

Hubby was wistfully musing that we oughtn't spend the money when they came out since we were rather strapped for cash just then and were avoiding using the cc's for anything but necessities. I said, "Oh, hell! Get one as much as you play with the old one."

He's had a helluva lot of fun, too, with the Harry Potter magic wand universal remote. It was damnably expensive but well worth it for as much fun as the thing is. It has 13 different movements that you can program for various things you want to do with your tv. Takes a fair amount of practice but is really fun to use and truly looks like a magic wand. If you don't know it's a remote control, you'd think it's merely a nicely styled wand replica.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by RevJohn on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:36 pm

I commented on your face, but under the wrong topic, Firefly111, namely under my own rather lame "this is myself" subject.

I haven't picked out an avatar yet. I guess I could use the one I was using on B-net, in case some of you all know me from there and want to avoid me like the plague! Tiptoe
RevJohn

http://mindhealing.org (don't worry, it's not your computer; it

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly111 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:03 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:Why do I find that sentiment peculiar from a woman who has a long-ago Dr. Who as her current avatar, SG?

Hey, I love Dr. Who! Very Happy David Tennant is my favorite Doctor, and I wish I could have a sonic screwdriver like him. And I am actually a big anime/manga freak, too. But I don't see myself growing up about those. They're addicting, so I can understand those people who are also obsessed.
Firefly111

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Firefly111 wrote:
DotNotInOz wrote:Why do I find that sentiment peculiar from a woman who has a long-ago Dr. Who as her current avatar, SG?

Hey, I love Dr. Who! Very Happy David Tennant is my favorite Doctor, and I wish I could have a sonic screwdriver like him.

And you can...his and Matt Smith's, too.

Here ya go...they aren't all that expensive either.

Get your very own sonic screwdriver and other KEWL stuff
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Welcome (waves) Firefly 111! I'm sort of nice & really throwed off a lot of the time! No one here minds though, neither do I.

I really liked the reply....by Otter...."OttrsDotter"! Was I the only one who caught that?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by RevJohn on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm

No.
RevJohn

http://mindhealing.org (don't worry, it's not your computer; it

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly111 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Yup, she's my mom. She actually thought it would be cute to put that as my screen name, "Otter's daughter", but I thought it might have been a little corny. >.>
Firefly111

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top