Aloha!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aloha!

Post by Firefly111 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Hey there. I'm just a noob, and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Shauna, but I go by Firefly111 here. My ma's somewhere on this site, too, and she's the one who told me about this place. I was curious, so here goes. Maybe I'll make loads of friends like she apparently has, lol. Smile I have plenty of questions and curiosity, so I'd love some friendlies to answer 'em if he/she can! ^^
Firefly111

Back to top Go down

Re: Aloha!

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Dunno how friendly you'll consider me, but I already took a shot at your question about atheists so maybe I'll qualify. bounce

Guess this is the more suitable place for that welcome I tossed atcha on the atheists thread, but anyway, welcome again!

Who's yer ma if you don't mind saying? Enquiring minds want to know... Wink
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:09 pm

suspicious...... Suspect
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:50 pm

I bet I know!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm not always friendly, but I'm more than willing to answer questions... Coffee

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Welcome!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Welcome aboard, Firefly! Welcome!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Welcome... "Friendly" is usually not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of descriptions of myself.... I'm sure more than a few other people will say the same. LOL
I'm sure we'll butt heads... Everyone in here does at some point. Just remember that even when we (I) are snarky, it's not because we (I) dislike you. Disagreement does not mean dislike. Bitchy does not mean dislike. It just means bitchy. LOL

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottr on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:12 am

She’s OttrsDotter.

Hello Firefly… Welcome! Good to see you here! cheers
Ottr

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:11 am

Very cool! Welcome, firefly!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:40 am

tmarie64 wrote:Welcome... "Friendly" is usually not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of descriptions of myself.... I'm sure more than a few other people will say the same. LOL
I'm sure we'll butt heads... Everyone in here does at some point. Just remember that even when we (I) are snarky, it's not because we (I) dislike you. Disagreement does not mean dislike. Bitchy does not mean dislike. It just means bitchy. LOL

Truer words have rarely been said.

Even so, we love Tina despite wanting to pop her head off now and then and forcibly insert it...well, you know. Twisted Evil

DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:06 am

I can promise that I will try to be nice. I'm still a bear though. Sometimes I play a little rough.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Welcome Shauna, Firefly111 Happy you are here Welcome!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly111 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 pm

lol, Laughing thanks for the welcome. My mom is Ottr. I heard from her how nice it was here, so I thought I'd join to see what all the hubbub was about. I don't know if I'll be on all the time with college and stuff, but I will very likely drop in here and there.
Firefly111

Back to top Go down

Post by RevJohn on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:09 am

Howdy, Firefly111. I am also new here, and also an inveterate spiritual eclectic. Wonder what you're studying in college, if you know yet. If you count my current online stuff (and since I'm working my behind off on a dissertation, I think it counts), I'm now in my 15th year of college. (Don't ask if I'm bragging or complaining... Cool Wink )
RevJohn

http://mindhealing.org (don't worry, it's not your computer; it

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:24 am

I saw "Shauna", saw a pretty face, and ran as fast as my little feet could carry me.

lol!

I'll be hiding behind MaineCap if anyone needs me!

Peep Wall

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RevJohn on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:40 am

I will confess I half expected to read an offer to send more pictures. I wasn't sure if I was Twisted Evil affraid Sleep But I gather now this is NOT that kind of forum! Smile
RevJohn

http://mindhealing.org (don't worry, it's not your computer; it

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly111 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:23 am

What? Am I scaring people with my face? That wouldn't be so cool. And is that a Goku lol smiley? I love Dragon Ball Z! ^^
Firefly111

Back to top Go down

Post by Firefly111 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:24 am

Oh, and I'm planning on majoring in Illustration. I'm an art geek like my mom. Smile
Firefly111

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:00 am

Firefly111 wrote:What? Am I scaring people with my face? That wouldn't be so cool. And is that a Goku lol smiley? I love Dragon Ball Z! ^^
You're not scary... TED is a bbbbaaadddd kitty. He says things then hides just in case someone wants to swat'im. LOL

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:39 am

Cool, Firefly! One of my daughters is an artist/illustrator with a university. I gather that is a fancier version there, though, of a graphic designer.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:35 am

Yay! We're attracting family! Yay!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Firefly111 wrote:What? Am I scaring people with my face? That wouldn't be so cool. And is that a Goku lol smiley? I love Dragon Ball Z! ^^
Fear not, Tiger is just a little shy. He'll come out from hiding eventually He is a very sweet Tiger Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Never fear, my ex who is also pretty, shares your name. I knew the ol' timers who were here for the bad breakup would get it. I tease, I won't hide from ya.

I'm not sure about the smiley, but maybe!

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Now that she mentions it, that does kinda look like Goku.

I'm not into Dball Z myself, but hubby's a huge fan of the anime. Fortunately, I've been able to talk him out of buying the manga, or we'd have another several hundred dollars worth of it.

DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top