View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I've just joined this website.

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:28 pm

If we have enough food anyway. Wink
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:48 am

Well, I went on to Amazon to see what this book was all about. This is their Product Description:

The Suited Monk Lives within All of Us - an Empowering New Book on Life Purpose, Happiness and Self-Discovery.

A candid narrative account of the author’s life-altering breakthrough from a troubled childhood in Belgium – to pursuing his career in China to become a successful business man in his mid-20’s – to struggling with ongoing acute dissatisfaction in all aspects of his life which resulted to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ burn-out by 24 years old.

Although Raf had been successful in business at a young age, he started to pursue a new career with more happiness, meaning and purpose just two months before the global financial downturn. The timing and transition was tough, but at this time an inner-voice called upon Raf to simply ‘follow-his-heart’, whereby he experienced a spontaneous life changing ‘awakening’ which revealed to him the essence of what ‘life’ is all about - which is the basis of this book.

By learning to synthesize one’s inner heart-felt intuition of happiness, love, purpose, meaning and life-force (the Monk), with the external world of success and achievement (the Suit) in both professional and personal relationships - you can be rewarded with life’s abundance of the internal and external worlds being a ‘Suited Monk’ – experiencing joy, love, health and wisdom, continuously attracting ongoing good fortune, and finding inner peace- minimizing and/or avoiding the ego-driven baggage apparent in sickness, anxiety, fear, negativity, guilt, professional stress burn out, youth suicide and middle age depression.

Raf’s step-by-step guide of The Life Journey and GAP ® visual models he developed from his personal experience and time-honored wisdom, promises the reader to easily identify and discover their own life path and explore pertinent self-questioning paradigms such as ‘what is my purpose in life’ – ‘how can I live a truly fulfilling life, and also have a happy and satisfying career’ – or more simply ‘how can I get a peaceful night sleep’ - resulting in a healthy and strong inner-peace feeling every single day, for your entire life.

Seriously???? I just don't think I could even start to read this, never mind finish it. Definitely not my cup of tea.....

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 am

Oh!!! He was talking about a BOOK!!! I didn't get that. No quotation marks, or underlining... Nothing made me think "Book Title". LOL
And, no I couldn't read it either.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 pm

"Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" is equated with "burn out"?

Sounds like it is pandering to the cultural attitude that drives me nuts. If you're dissatisfied with your job, life, whatever, work to change it. Just because you are sad in a moment doesn't mean you are depressed. Just because you've had it with your career path doesn't mean that you are suffering from Chronic Fatigue.

Dr. "All's" Therapy, shut the fuck up and fix it instead of whining about the problem, and don't listen to crap like this that tells you to keep whining until you get what you think you want.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Well, yes I did read that it was about a push for a book, tmarie! Put your glasses on!

That's why I was running away to be protected by our bear...because I become hysterical at all these "sells" & no real inquisitive minds. Maybe if people now a days inquired within & out of THEMSELVES....they might figure out what the hell is wrong with THEM!

And honeys, if your burned out, desperate, & lost @ 24, (Jesus, Mary & Joseph???) what the hell are you gonna be like at 54?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:29 pm

All these "sells" really offer nothing. They are, just like spiritual texts are, a story of one persons journey. People promote them as a guide for the way things should be done. If we are really to gain contentment, we need to find the way that works for us, not copy ways that others have done things.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:17 pm

I worked a hundred hours this week. Granted burnout is a real prospect, but I have to say that at 42 I am putting in the same pace I did as a young soldier at 24.

My outer suit is a mix of scar tissue, hair, and the occasional tatoo. I looked for an inner Monk, but being a good Asaturar, all I found beneath the beard was pure Viking lust for every last drop of life I could get before they flip the boat over, and call it a burial mound.

The world has lots of conflicts, why fight yourself. Does this mean I can skip his book now jocolor

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top