Inception

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inception

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:58 am

Have you seen "Inception?" I saw it this last weekend and thought it was very good. "Riveting" is a good word to describe it. Full of very interesting ideas.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Inception

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:23 am

Nope. What's the premise, Gilly? I haven't even heard of it.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 am

A data theif lures you into a dream world-so he can steal your secrets-the whole movie is CGI
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:55 am

Actually that is what can be done in that movie world, but in the movie they are trying something a little different from that. It is really a fascinating concept and although I haven't been in the past a big fan of Leonardo diCaprio he did a good job. It was a long movie, something that I didn't know beforehand, and I was shocked to discover the time when I came outside because it didn't seem like much time had passed while I was watching it.

I am looking forward to seeing it again when it comes on tv or dvd. We had a lively discussion afterwards about the importance of our dream and fantasy lives. We seem to spend as much time there as we do in what we call reality. It certainly adds to the richness of this waking world.

Oh, and it has a great ending!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebon on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:46 am

Intending to see it sometime in the next week or so. I love the premise (although not as unique as people think) and the cast has some promise. Leo DiCaprio is an actor I find frustrating. When he can actually be bothered, he's a really good actor (see Romeo & Juliet, The Basketball Diaries) but sometime around Titanic, he discovered he could coast on his looks and rarely bothered actually making an effort.
Ebon

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:47 am

Ebon wrote:Intending to see it sometime in the next week or so. I love the premise (although not as unique as people think) and the cast has some promise. Leo DiCaprio is an actor I find frustrating. When he can actually be bothered, he's a really good actor (see Romeo & Juliet, The Basketball Diaries) but sometime around Titanic, he discovered he could coast on his looks and rarely bothered actually making an effort.

I think he did ok in "The Departed", but he did have a pretty good cast to rest on.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:41 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:
Ebon wrote:Intending to see it sometime in the next week or so. I love the premise (although not as unique as people think) and the cast has some promise. Leo DiCaprio is an actor I find frustrating. When he can actually be bothered, he's a really good actor (see Romeo & Juliet, The Basketball Diaries) but sometime around Titanic, he discovered he could coast on his looks and rarely bothered actually making an effort.

I think he did ok in "The Departed", but he did have a pretty good cast to rest on.

all
the Departed was just a good damn movie
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Yes it was.....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content