Idiotic corporate policies rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Idiotic corporate policies rant

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:22 am

I'm sure we've all hit this one. You call some company, conclude your business and are asked, "Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

I'm always tempted to reply somewhat acidly, "If there were, don't you think I'd have asked already?"

However, what occurred on one of those this morning lowers that annoying question to whole new levels of idiocy.

I have about a week's worth left of a mail-order prescription that's due for annual renewal. I figured I'd better not do my usual and wait till I have a couple days' worth left so got online to order it via our prescrip service's website.

My login didn't work, nor did my verification answer to their test question. I'm going, "HUH?"

So I call the toll-free number and get a guy who tells me that there's no record of my prescription number or of me in their system. He asks if I'm the member or spouse. I give him my husband's name since it's a family thing.

He replies that that account was closed out in March.

Great! Here we thought that when we chose to switch over to an HMO in March that our prescrip service stayed the same. Wrong, obviously.

I say, "Oh, great! We thought the prescription service hadn't changed. Well, I guess I need to find out what it is now."

He asks, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

I'm proud of myself for replying politely instead of how I dearly wanted to, "Isn't that really a pretty fuckin' stupid question under the circumstances?"
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Re: Idiotic corporate policies rant

Post by tmarie64 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:30 pm

You go RIGHT to the head of the "Going to heaven when I die" line! LOL

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Oh, I doubt that due to my tone of voice when I replied, "I rather doubt you can help me with much of anything since our account with your service is closed."

He said, "Oh. Well. Have a nice day." < click >
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top