Internet cautionary tale (Talhotblond...a documentary)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Internet cautionary tale (Talhotblond...a documentary)

Post by wmdkitty on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 am

I present myself online as I do in real life, I see no need to change "who I am" for anyone, really, and as such have decided not to construct a "persona" for internet usage.
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:53 am

I think many of us here present ourselves as we are, saying what we think, maybe sometimes a little nicer, maybe sometimes we say things here we wouldn't to someone's face. It feels to me like a safe place and because of that I really value this board. I have been on boards where that wasn't the case though.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:41 am

I'm with Gilly on that one. I, too, think that most of us on this forum behave pretty much as we do in "meatworld" as Ebon calls it.

Part of why we do is perhaps the result of the blowups we've experienced on Those Two Other Forums Which Shall Not Be Named from which many of us came.

I toyed around a bit way back when I first went online in the mid-90's with pretending to be someone I'm not. Not only didn't I feel right about doing that, but it was just too difficult to keep my story details consistent, like the old saw, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you've said before."
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top