Prosecute the Pope?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prosecute the Pope?

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri May 14, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm following with fascinated horror the growing movement to extradite Pope Benedict to the U.S. to compel him to answer in court how as Cardinal Ratzinger he quietly looked the other way when known pedophile priests were shuttled off to boondocks parishes.

I didn't know until reading the latest Newsweek that former Boston Archbishop Cardinal Bernard Law is now employed by the Vatican. Say WHAT???? This is the guy who repeatedly covered up allegations against some of the most flagrant child molesters to be identified and prosecuted. He's also the same who quietly shunted a couple of the more outrageous of them to other parishes where they could continue to abuse children. He should have been prosecuted and sentenced to a lengthy prison term as was former priest John Geoghan, one of the most outrageous of the pedophilic priests.

Yeah, yeah...I know the Catholic Church is essentially a mega-corporation that spent decades in damage control.

I really have to wonder if there won't be a substantial number of schisms as lay Catholics in various countries realize the extent of the coverup and that it involved not only prominent clergymen but also the current Pope in one of the most egregious miscarriages of simple human decency and morality I think I've ever heard of. If I was still a churchgoing Catholic, I'd definitely be showing the door my backside.

What do you think of all this?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Re: Prosecute the Pope?

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri May 14, 2010 8:20 pm

I gotta say... anybody in this day and time who doesn't see the RCC for what it is, is blind, stupid, or amazingly forgiving. No offense intended of course to our own Tmarie. :p If I were a Catholic, and believed in that path, and was faced with this.. I would probably be looking to run to the Episcopal church or similar... Or help create a similar split similar to the Church of England. However, do that, and you lose God's rep on earth as the Pope.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon May 17, 2010 5:37 am

This morning, ABC Morning News reports that Vatican lawyers are claiming that American bishops aren't Vatican employees, so the Vatican isn't responsible for how they reacted to the problem of pedophile priests.

Uh-huh. As if they weren't following directives from then-Cardinal Ratzinger.

Do they think that people are so stupid they don't know that obedience is one of the vows taken by Catholic clergy and thus the instinct is not only to do what they're told but to ask for authorization and support in almost every situation with potentially huge ramifications?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon May 17, 2010 7:21 am

Oh btw, last week you complimented me on another thread and I meant to say hogwash but thanks, and I haven't been able to locate the thread again. Problems of a big forum. I get lost easy.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon May 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeah, well, you've got the "Where was it?" problem, and I've got the "I did? What did I say?" one.

One thing about age-related memory loss, yer rarely bored. Sometimes, every moment feels fresh and new. Wink
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon May 17, 2010 2:26 pm

That sounds great, but, have we met?

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed May 19, 2010 11:58 am

Sillies!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/