Judge show junkies c'mere

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Judge show junkies c'mere

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:44 pm

I admit it, I'm one of them. Gotta have my afternoon doses of Judge Joe Brown, "Great Eye Candy" Judge Alex and finally, my favorite, Judge Judy.

Probably my all-time favorite was the Judy show where the woman defendant had filed theft charges against the man who'd rescued her lost kitten.

The woman hadn't secured her cats when her apartment's maintenance crew was scheduled to come in while she was at work to fix her dishwasher, and the kitten got out.

The man who found the kitten was an asst. apartment manager for another complex near hers. It was a cold and rainy night when he heard the kitten yowling on the opposite side of a drainage ditch. Even though he said he doesn't like cats much, he waded the ditch, scooped up the kitten and took it into his office to dry it off, assuming it must be a stray.

His manager suggested he take it home for a few days as it couldn't be kept in the office. So he did, and after unsuccessful attempts to find the owner, gave it to some friends who really wanted a kitten.

The owner ultimately learned that this man had found her kitten and filed theft charges. The police actually picked up this guy who spent a night in jail as a result.

Judge Judy was outraged that he'd been arrested and jailed for nothing more than a reasonable and humanitarian act and apologized to him for the miscarriage of justice he'd suffered.

I loved it!

What's your favorite judge show, favorite episode...whatever? Join the club.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge show junkies c'mere

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Ooo!! That's me! Hmm...though I can't think of a good episode offhand. But that one is great.

I tend to use Judy lines on my customers at work....

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Culture shock for Judge Judy

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri May 14, 2010 6:57 pm

I actually felt somewhat sorry for the defendant in a case involving animal cruelty today.

The defendant was a rather rustic type who testified that he had "lots of farm cats." Judge Judy tried to pin him down as to how many constituted "lots." She evidently had no comprehension of what "farm cats" signifies. She was obviously irritated that the man couldn't begin to tell her how many cats there were on his farm.

When he said that if he spotted one that was sick or badly hurt, he'd just put it out of its misery by shooting the animal, she was outraged.

I had to empathize with the man, because I grew up understanding that there were cats who were pets and then farm cats who appeared at feeding time (which usually was pails of food scraps combined with milk from the farm's dairy cows) and otherwise ran wild and bred indiscriminately. Said cats primary value lay in their keeping the mouse population in check. Most of them were so wild that you couldn't begin to get one to come close enough to pet it even though I sometimes tried while they were eating and usually got scratched for my effort.

As the man's story evolved, it became evident to me that his cat population was somewhat inbred. He and his teenaged son testified that there had been various instances of kittens born with evident genetic flaws from inbreeding.

His solution was also typical for a farmer. Take the defective animals somewhere and shoot them.

Judge Judy didn't comprehend at all that these cats were not pets.

Farmer relatives of mine did pretty much the same thing. I had an aunt that occasionally would spot an especially appealing kitten and bring it into the house to become a pet. She gave such cats the full range of neutering and shots.

Now, the guy did completely screw up shooting a cat that had been adopted by a neighbor of his and her kids....not only shooting it but doing so in view of the woman's young daughter. He was an idiot, but I could nevertheless see how he was perplexed as to why what he did was wrong and illegal. As he remarked, he didn't have money for vet bills and didn't know shooting a dog or cat was illegal.

Interesting case that revealed Judge Judy's lack of comprehension of the role of farm cats and how they're generally treated by farmers.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge show junkies c'mere

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top